Supernova 2018 – The first finalists are now known!
The first heat of this year’s Supernova finished a few moments ago and we now know the first two qualifiers for the final which will take place in Riga on 24th February.
Seven songs competed tonight, with the top two song qualifying. The acts were:
- Katrina Gupalo & The Black Birds “Intoxicating caramel”
- Rahu the Fool “Oh, longriver”
- DVINES “More than meets the eye”
- Agnese Stengrevics “You are my world”
- Sudden Lights “Just fine”
- Edgars Kreilis “Younger days”
- Liene Greifane “Walk the talk”
The result was decided by a 50% televote and 50% jury, and the qualifiers were announced as being Leine Greifane and Edgars Kreilis!
Our readers’ poll got it completely right today, and our editors agreed too, so it was the result we were all hoping for. We will see them both in the final on 24th Feb.
Latvia had a very disappointing result in 2017 with Triana Park’s ‘Line’ finishing last in the semi-final and thus not qualifying for the final. Have we seen their winner tonight, and will they fare any better in Lisbon?
You can listen to the songs from Liene and Edgars here: