Tonight, the second Semi-Final of Iceland’s Söngvakeppnin contest took place in the capital city of Reykjavik.
The following six songs were performed, aiming for a place in the final:
- Aron Hannes – “Golddigger”
- Rakel Pálsdóttir – “Óskin mín”
- Stefanía Svavarsdóttir, Agnes Marinósdóttir & Regína Lilja Magnúsdóttir – “Svaka stuð”
- Þórir Geir Guðmundsson & Gyða Margrét Kristjánsdóttir – “Brosa”
- Dagur Sigurðarson – “Í stormi”
- Áttan – “Hér með þér”
Only three songs were succesful at grabbing a place in the final at this stage. These were as follows:
Aron Hannes – “Golddigger”
Áttan – “Hér með þér”
Dagur Sigurðarson – “Í stormi”
All three qualifiying songs can also be watched in full on RÚV’s official website by clicking here.
Tonight’s qualifying acts will join last week’s finalists, Ari Ólafsson, Fókus Hópurinn and Heimilistónar in the Söngvakeppnin final in two week’s time. The show will take place at the Laugardalshöll sporting arena on March 3rd. ESCBubble will be on site to bring you the latest news before and after the show.
What do you think of the songs that have made it to the final so far? Who would you like to represent Iceland in Lisbon? Let us know in the comments section below!