The German Eurovision pre-selection “Unser Lied Fur Lissabon” took place on the 22nd of February, and it was won by Michael Schulte and his song “You Let Me Walk Alone”. Now the German national broadcaster has released the full voting results.
In this year’s German national final, the winner was decided by a mix of televoting, international jury vote, and a Eurovision panel.
A total of 427,519 televotes were received during the show, and Michael Schulte won this vote with 32.86% of the votes. The full split is as follows:
- Michael Schulte – You Let Me Walk Alone – 140,491 televotes
- voXXclub – I mog di so – 121,336 televotes
- Ivy Quainoo – House On Fire – 47,639 televotes
- Xavier Darcy – Jonah – 45,010 televotes
- Natia Todua – My Own Way – 37,343 televotes
- Ryk – You And I – 35,700 televotes
The 20 members of the international jury (including Margaret Berger – Norway’s Eurovision entrant from 2013, and Tinkara Kovac – Slovenia’s Eurovision entrant from 2014) have voted for the six songs by giving them 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 12 points. The result at the end was:
- Michael Schulte – You Let Me Walk Alone – 218 points
- Xavier Darcy – Jonah – 185 points
- Ryk – You And I – 169 points
- Ivy Quainoo – House On Fire – 148 points
- Natia Todua – My Own Way – 122 points
- voXXclub – I mog di so – 118 points
Michael Schulte ended up scoring 12 points from 13 members of this jury (out of 20). Natia Todua and voXXclub failed to get a single 12 pointer from the 20 jury members.
When it comes to the Eurovision panel, the 100-member jury also voted for the six songs from 5-12 points, and the outcome was as follows:
- Michael Schulte – You Let Me Walk Alone – 1,015 points
- Ryk – You And I – 931 points
- Xavier Darcy – Jonah – 770 points
- Ivy Quainoo – House On Fire – 736 points
- voXXclub – I mog di so – 718 points
- Natia Todua – My Own Way – 630 points
50 members of this 100-member jury have given their top score to Michael Schulte, and each and every of the acts have scored at least one 12 pointer in this vote.
Michael Schulte won all three votes, and ended up winning Unser Lied fur Lissabon with 36 points, and will go on to represent Germany in Eurovision 2018 with “You Let Me Walk Alone”.