Eurovision Young Musicians 2018 Jury Members Revealed
The EBU has announced the jury members for this years’ Eurovision Young Musicians.
There will be one jury of four members for the semi-finals and a different jury of three members for the final.
On the jury for the semi-final are:
- David Watkin
- Ursula Leveaux
- Noè Rodrigo Gisbert
- Sinae Lee
The jury for the semi-final will be awarding points to each of the eighteen semi-finalists based on a set criteria. The jury will be marking the performers out of 10 on;
- Technical accuracy
- Quality of sound
After all of the eighteen performances have taken place the jury will be presented with the results of their voting. The jury will then deliberate on the results of the voting and may make changes to the ranking of the performers, but only if this agreed unanimously. The jury will then revealed the six finalists in a random order.
On the final jury are:
- Sir James MacMillan
- Marin Alsop
- Anna Meredith
The final jurors will score the performers on the same criteria as used in the semi-finals. The final jurors will not know the results of the semi-final to avoid any influence on the decision-making of the Final Jury.
As we previously announced, the competing countries and their representatives are as follows:
- Albania – Klaudio Zoto – Cello
- Belgium – Alexandra Cooreman – Violin
- Croatia – Jan Tominić – Saxophone
- Czech Republic – Indi Stivín – Double bass
- Estonia – Tanel-Eiko Novikov – Percussion
- Germany – Mira Foron – Violin
- Greece – Thanos Tzanetakis – Guitar
- Hungary –Máté Bencze – Saxophone
- Israel – Tamir Naaman-Pery- Cello
- Malta – Bernice Sammut Attard – Piano
- Norway – Birgitta Elisa Oftestad – Cello
- Poland – Marta Chlebicka – Flute
- Russia – Ivan Bessonov – Piano
- San Marino – Francesco Stefanelli – Cello
- Slovenia – Nikola Pajanović – Violin
- Spain – Sara Valenica – Violin
- Sweden – Johanna Ander Ljung – Harp
- United Kingdom – Maxim Calver – Cello
The winner will be revealed live during the final of Eurovision Young Musicians 2018 on 23rd August.