2018 saw France’s first move back to a National Final with a new show titled Destination Eurovision. It was well received at home and ESCBubble has already brought you the news that it will return in 2019.
Yesterday France Télévisions held a press conference where further details about next year’s format were revealed by Caroline Got, the director of the France 2 television channel.
Plusieurs changements pour la saison 2 de #DestinationEurovision sur France 2 :
– Les 3 émissions seront en direct
– « Une partie du jury va changer » dixit @CarolineGot_F2
– Garou « toujours en discussion, ça va dépendre de son emploi du temps » pour l’animation. #Eurovision
— Benjamin Rabier ⭐️⭐️ (@benjaminrabier) August 23, 2018
The three main pieces of news are:
- Both the 2 Semi Finals and the Final will be transmitted live. In the 2018 edition the two semi finals were pre-recorded and this led to leaks of results being posted on the internet.
- Although the jury will remain there will be a change to a part of it with further details to follow.
- That discussions are taking place with last years host, Garou, to return, dependent on his schedule.
It is understood that further details will be announced in the coming weeks and ESCBubble will bring you more news when we receive it.
What do you think of the changes to the Destination Eurovision format? Let us know on our social channels.