The Swedish radio station, P4, has announced the finalists for P4 Nästa 2018. This annual competition aims to give unknown acts the opportunity to grab the first spot in the 2019 edition of Melodifestivalen, the Swedish selection show for Eurovision.
Eight finalists have been announced and the contest will take place on Saturday 25th August. The winner will be determined from a combination of an SMS public vote and a jury vote.
The jury have also been announced and will consist of:
- Benjamin Ingrosso [Melodifestivalen 2018 winner]
- Anna Bergandahl [Melodifestivalen 2010 winner]
- Stiko Per Larsson [P4 Nästa 2017 winner]
Here are the eight finalists with a link to be able to listen to each entry:
- Beside The Bridge – Cool Kid LISTEN
- Spring City – Back On Our Streets LISTEN
- The Lovers of Valdaro – Lost forever LISTEN
- Patricia Birgersso – Här och nu LISTEN
- Ewelina Westin – Fading light LISTEN
- Josjas Andersson – En kort sekund LISTEN
- Amandine X – Beautiful Mess LISTEN
- Jahr – Magic LISTEN
A final round of voting for the audience is added when the eight finalists are presented live, when the audience and jurors are scored and converted into points, and the converted points weighed together into a common result. The two with the highest score of jury and audience combined will go on to a final round. During the final round, only the audience will vote and decide who the winner of P4 Nåsta will be.
Who is your favourite to win this years P4 Nåsta? Let us know on our socials.