Kazakhstan broadcaster Khabar Agency has today announced the rules for it’s National Final for this years’ Junior Eurovision Song Contest, including the submission date for applications
Anyone wishing to apply can apply from today (1st August) up until 31st August, giving anyone interested only 4 weeks to create and submit a song.
The broadcaster has also announced the following rules:
- In the National selection one performer can take part, up to a team of no more than six people who must be aged between 9-14 years.
- The song should be new and not exceed 3 minutes.
- Most of the lyrics should be written in Kazakh, however English text can be included as long as it’s no more than 40% of the total lyrics.
The broadcaster has also announced the following:
The National selection will be conducted in three stages:
- The 1st stage: August 1st – August 31st, 2018 – Applications received on the Organiser’s Website.
- The 2nd stage: until September 7th, 2018, finalists of the National Selection are determined by the jury voting results.
- The third stage: The final – a gala concert with a live broadcast on the Khabar Agency TV channel. (The exact date hasn’t yet been announced)
Anyone interested in applying to represent Kazakhstan can enter by clicking here
What do you think to Kazakhstan taking part in the Junior Eurovision? Would you like to see the country take part in the main Eurovision next year? Let us know in the comments section below!