The submission period is now closed and now further details have been released about Eesti Laul 2019.
This morning, the producer of the Estonian selection Tomi Rahula, revealed the following on the ETV show ‘Terevisioon’ this morning:
- The two semi finals will be held on 31st January and 2nd February at the University of Tartu sports hall.
- That tickets will go on sale tomorrow (November 8th) for the two semi finals and the final in Tallinn.
- That the level of the entries received was high and that submissions had been received from many well know Estonian acts. A lot of songs were received on the final day of submissions.
- That contributions had been received in Estonian, Russian, English, German and Spanish.
- That he would keep viewers guessing on the number of entries received and there will be a competition on ETV to guess the number of entries, the lucky winner will receive Eesti Laul final tickets. The correct answer will be revealed on the ETV show ‘Ringvaade’ tonight.
- He revealed that the participation fee amounted to 8100 Euros in total for the broadcaster.
The names of the acts taking part in Eesti Laul 2019 will be revealed on the ‘Ringvaade’ programme on 15th November.
During the ‘Ringvaade’ show tonight it was revealed that 216 songs had been submitted for Eesti Laul. 108 in Estonia and 108 in foreign languages.
How do you feel about the changes to the semi finals? Let us know on our social media channels!