It has been revealed that the acts and songs for the Czech Republic’s selection process, ESCZ, will be presented on 7th January at a Press Conference.
Here is what we now know about the process:
- Fans from outside the Czech Republic will be able to have a say via the official Eurovision app
- These votes will be pooled together and presented as an one individual International Jury voter
- There will be other international jurors and that Czech residents as a block will also have an influence on the result
- Both the artists and the videos of their songs will be presented on the 7th January
- The international jury and Czech public will give points in the form of 8, 6, 4, 3, 2 and 1
- There will not be a live show and that an artist will be announced
- In the result of a tie, the Czech public would overrule the international jury
- It had already been revealed that the selection of the artist itself would take place at the end of January.
The process will find the successor to Mikolas Josef, who achieved the Czech Republic’s best ever result in Lisbon, finishing 6th with ‘Lie To Me’. Since then he has continued to flourish and we’re enjoying his latest bop ‘Me Gusta’ on our weekly new music review:
Are you looking forward to voting in the Czech Republic’s selection? Let us know on our social media channels!