Croatia’s national broadcaster announced that over 170 songs were received for the big comeback of Dora. A seven member preselection jury has been appointed to listen through all of the submitted entries, and select the best 16 to proceed to the televised Final.
The preselection jury consists of:
- Vanna – singer, who represented Croatia in Eurovision 2001 with “Strings Of My Heart”
- Zlatko Turkalj – journalist and radio presenter
- Ante Pecotić – composer
- Zlatko Gall – journalist and music critic
- Antonija Šola – singer, songwriter, runner-up of Dora 2008 with “Gdje je srce, tu je dom”
- Igor Geržina – saxophonist and composer
- Željen Klašterka – composer and guitarist
They are going to select the 16 finalists of Dora 2019, as well as two back-up entries. All of these 18 entries are going to be announced tomorrow at noon.
Dora 2019 will take place in Opatija on the 16th of February. The winner, and Croatia’s Eurovision entrant for Tel Aviv will be chosen by a mix of jury votes and televoting.