HRT, Croatia’s national broadcaster, announced the names of the 16 participants of Dora 2020 – their national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest. Only a couple of hours later, there is a change in the line-up, as Goran Karan (who already represented Croatia in Eurovision 2000) decided to withdraw from the competition.
Goran Karan made the following statement:
The song “My Legacy Is Love” in the form it was sent to Dora differs significantly from the lyrics, music, arrangement and length from what I played in my concert in Visoko in Bosnia & Herzegovina. So in order to eliminate all possible misinterpretations, I decided to withdraw the song “My Legacy Is Love” from Dora. This way I want to close the space for any controversy and side effects, because, as the lyrics of that song say – my legacy is – love.
As Goran Karan withdrew, one space has opened for another entry, and that means that the first back-up entry has now made it to Dora, and it’s Elis Lovrić with the song “Jušto”. The full line-up is now as follows:
- Marin Jurić Čivro – Naivno
- Edi Abazi – Coming home
- Mia Negovetić – When it Comes to You
- Colonia – Zidina
- Zdenka Kovačićek – Love, Love, Love
- Lorenzo feat Dino Purić & Reper iz sobe – Vrati se iz Irske
- Jure Brkljača – Hajde nazovi me!
- Damir Kedžo – Divlji vjetre
- Lorena Bućan – Drowning
- Alen Vitasović & B. Matija Čerina – Da se ne zatare
- Aklea Neon – Zovi ju mama
- Indira – You Will Never Break My Heart
- Nikola Marjanović – Let’s forgive
- Đana – One
- Bojan Jambrošić – Više od riječi
- Elis Lovrić – Jušto
Dora will take place on the 29th of February in Opatija, and the winner will once again be selected by a mix of jury votes and televoting.