The open call for songs for Croatia’s national selection Dora 2020 has ended a week ago. A professional jury listened to all of the submitted entries, and selected 16 songs which are going to compete to represent Croatia at the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest in the Netherlands, and four back-up entries in case any of the selected acts won’t be able to compete.
The 16 chosen acts are:
- Marin Jurić Čivro – Naivno
- Goran Karan – My legacy is love
- Edi Abazi – Coming home
- Mia Negovetić – When it Comes to You
- Colonia – Zidina
- Zdenka Kovačićek – Love, Love, Love
- Lorenzo feat Dino Purić & Reper iz sobe – Vrati se iz Irske
- Jure Brkljača – Hajde nazovi me!
- Damir Kedžo – Divlji vjetre
- Lorena Bućan – Drowning
- Alen Vitasović & B. Matija Čerina – Da se ne zatare
- Aklea Neon – Zovi ju mama
- Indira – You Will Never Break My Heart
- Nikola Marjanović – Let’s forgive
- Đana – One
- Bojan Jambrošić – Više od riječi
The four back-up acts are:
- Elis Lovrić – Jušto
- Marcela Orosi – Let me Break Your Heart
- Dino Petrić – Što si meni ti
- Singrlice – Zavičaj
The participant list includes a couple of familiar faces and local stars. Goran Karan has already represented Croatia in Eurovision back in 2000 with “Kada zaspu andjeli”, and finished in 9th place. Lorena Bućan is back again after finishing in second place in the previous edition, with “Tower Of Babylon”, as well as Bojan Jambrošić who’s entry “Vrijeme predaje” (in a duet with Danijela Pintarić) finished in 9th place.
Damir Kedžo was one of the participants of Croatia’s Pop Idol-like Eurovision selection back in 2011, and he also won the local version of the TV Show “Your Face Sounds Familiar”.
Indira is one of the biggest stars to compete in Dora 2020, as she has been active on the Croatian music scene for over 20 years, including as the lead singer of the band Colonia – who are also going to compete but with their new lead singer.
Dora will take place on the 29th of February in Opatija, and the winner will once again be selected by a mix of jury votes and televoting. Roko won the latest edition of Dora with the song “The Dream”, and went on to represent Croatia in Tel Aviv. His entry didn’t make it to the Grand Final.