On 31 March, EBU announced that Dutch Members NPO, NOS and AVROTROS are producing a new show, called ‘Eurovision: Europe Shine A Light’, to air in place of the Grand Final on Saturday 16 May at 21:00 CEST.
For this special show, EBU is looking for Eurovision fans who can help bring an unforgettable sing-a-long moment to the screen. They said:
“We want to form a huge Eurovision choir and sing Johnny Logan’s ‘What’s Another Year’ together. Perhaps you’ll see yourself singing in an internationally televised broadcast! “Source: Eurovision.tv
Johnny Logan won the Eurovision Song Contest 1980, hosted in The Hague, the Netherlands, with his famous song, What’s Another Year, securing Ireland’s second victory. The song reached Number One in 7 countries and went Top 10 in 5 more.
How can you participate?
Make yourself Eurovision-ready! Get dressed in your best Eurovision outfit, decorate the room where you will film with flags and props to give it that Eurovision-feel and record yourself singing to Johnny Logan’s What’s Another Year in full. Make sure that it is a recording of the entire song – including waving your arms at the chorus! The deadline to submit your video recording is Friday 24 April 2020.
Technical video specifications
- Use the device 16:9, horizontal/landscape;
- Record in 1920 x 1080 HD;
- Use the latest device possible with a tripod, or on a steady base;
- Submit the files in Quicktime / MOV format (your device should do this automatically);
- Ensure you are well lit by a window or a light near your device;
- Send the file in the highest resolution via Wetransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (alternatively via Google Drive, OneDrive, Box and Dropbox);
- Include your name, country, age(s), email address and phone number.
Are you excited about the fact that EBU is involving the fans? Visit the official webpage of the Eurovision Song Contest for more informations. If you supported the artists from this year, don’t forget to show them your support by using our special Eurovision banners here and by streaming the songs, chosen for 2020 edition.