The BBC have released details of how UK fans can vote for their favourite Eurovision song of all time for their show Eurovision:Come Together
A shortlist has been drawn up by a panel of what they’ve described as experts and superfans including:
- Eurovision commentators Ken Bruce, Rylan Clark-Neal and Scott Mills,
- “Uber fans” TV host Mel Giedroyc and Radio 1’s Adele Roberts.
- Former UK Eurovision acts SuRie (2018) and Nicki French (2001).
We’ve put the chosen songs below:
- Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu – Domenico Modugno (Italy) – 1958
- Poupée de cire, poupée de son – France Gall (Luxembourg) – 1965
- Waterloo – Abba (Sweden) – 1974
- Save Your Kisses for Me – Brotherhood of Man (UK) – 1976
- Making Your Mind Up – Bucks Fizz (UK) – 1981
- Ooh…Aah…Just A Little Bit – Gina G (UK) – 1996
- Love Shine A Light – Katrina & The Waves (UK) – 1997
- Diva – Dana International (Israel) – 1998
- Dancing Lasha Tumbai – Verka Serduchka (Ukraine) – 2007
- Fairytale – Alexander Rybak (Norway) – 2009
- Satellite – Lena (Germany) – 2010
- Euphoria – Loreen (Sweden) – 2012
- Rise Like A Phoenix – Conchita Wurst (Austria) – 2014
- Heroes – Måns Zelmerlöw (Sweden) – 2015
- Rhythm Inside – Loïc Nottet (Belgium) – 2015
- Sound of Silence – Dami Im (Australia) – 2016
- Fuego – Eleni Foureira (Cyprus) – 2018
- Toy – Netta (Israel) – 2018
- Soldi – Mahmood (Italy) – 2019
The vote will take place via the BBC website. Voting will open once all the performances have been shown. The votes will then be announced before the end of the show.
Aswell as a public vote the programme will include an interview between Graham Norton and the singer who was due to represent the UK this year James Newman.
The show will also see hundreds of Eurovision fans recreating classic Eurovision songs from their homes.
The show begins at 6:25 BST this Saturday (16th May) on UK Channel BBC One
What do you think of the BBC’s list? Will you be watching the show? Let us know in the comments section below.