Icelandic broadcaster RÚV has aired a show “Eurovision-Gleði – Okkar 12 stig” (Eurovision Joy – Our 12 points) in which they wanted to honour the acts which should’ve competed at Eurovision 2020 and choose the one which was their favourite. The final show was preceded by 4 heats in which the songs were presented and another show which was the one to select the 15 songs which competed in the final – “Okkar 12 stig” the draw of the night was as follows:
- Lithuania: The Roop – On Fire
- Sweden: The Mamas – Move
- Romania: Roxen – Alcohol You
- Azerbaijan: Efendi – Cleopatra
- Switzerland: Gjon’s Tears – Répondez-moi
- Malta: Destiny – All Of My Love
- Norway: Ulrikke – Attention
- Russia: Little Big – Uno
- Austria: Vincent Bueno – Alive
- Bulgaria: Victoria – Tears Getting Sober
- Denmark: Ben & Tan – YES
- Netherlands: Jeangu Macrooy – Grow
- Germany: Ben Dolic – Violent Things
- United Kingdom: James Newman – My Last Breath
- Italy: Diodato – Fai Rumore
Okkar 12 stig was hosted by Ragnhildur Steinunn Jónsdóttir (Icelandic actress) and Jón Jónsson (Icelandic singer) who have payed tribute to the best entry of Iceland at Eurovision “Is It True” by Yohanna in 2009. The show also featured a performance of an acoustic cover of last years winning song “Arcade” by Klemens Hannigan (Hatari’s lead singer) and a call with Daði Freyr. One of the guests of the show was Will Ferrell who is co-writer and actor in a Netflix, Eurovision movie.
Before the hosts revealed the results of the voting, a mini-documentary of Hatari’s journey in Tel Aviv was presented.
- Italy: Diodato – Fai Rumore – 12 pts
- Russia: Little Big – Uno – 10 pts
- Lithuania: The Roop – On Fire – 8 pts
- Denmark: Ben & Tan – YES – 7 pts
- Bulgaria: Victoria – Tears Getting Sober – 6 pts
- Sweden: The Mamas – Move – 5 pts
- Azerbaijan: Efendi – Cleopatra – 4 pts
- Switzerland: Gjon’s Tears – Répondez-moi – 3 pts
- Austria: Vincent Bueno – Alive – 2 pts
- Netherlands: Jeangu Macrooy – Grow – 1 pt
- Germany: Ben Dolic – Violent Things – 0 pt
- Malta: Destiny – All Of My Love – 0 pt
- Norway: Ulrikke – Attention – 0 pt
- Romania: Roxen – Alcohol You – 0 pt
- United Kingdom: James Newman – My Last Breath – 0 pt
That is not the end of the Icelandic Eurovision program, their audience had a chance to enjoy rebroadcasts of some former Eurovision Song Contests Past contests are also being aired on the national broadcaster throughout the week, including Vienna 2015, Moscow 2009, Jerusalem 1999, Birmingham 1998, Zagreb 1990, Brussels 1987 will be aired on 15th of May with the start at 16:40 and 01:50 CEST, and The show in which Iceland made their debut Bergen 1986 is set to be rebroadcasted on 16th of May at 16:55 and 01:10 CEST.
Another thing they prepared is a show “Euro-Daði” on 15th of May which will be live broadcasted from Daði Freyr’s home in Berlin as he plays his favorite Eurovision songs. The beggining is set for 21:40 CEST on RÚV.
Icelandic broadcaster RÚV will also air Eurovision – Europe Shine and Light on Saturday 16th of May from 21:00 CEST and after that there will be a special show presented “Eurovision-party” which will be a live broadcast with Icelandic representatives at Eurovision 2008 – Euroband (Friðrik Ómar and Regína Ósk) play some of the Icelandic Eurovision favourites and also feature some guests.
Let us know your thoughts and impression in the comments below and at our social media links!