Georgian Public Broadcaster 1TV has announced the return of “Ranina” the show they used to select representative at Junior Eurovision Song Contest. This will be the third season and like previous two it will feature contestants performing duets with Georgian pop stars, new versions of popular songs. The list of ten competitors for the chance to represent Georgia at JESC 2020 are:
- Cecil Thurmanidze (სესილი თურმანიძე)
- Veronica Shamugia (ვერონიკა შამუგია)
- Sandra Gadelia (სანდრა გადელია)
- Rati Gelovan (რატი გელოვანი)
- Gio Gogiashvili (გიო გოგიაშვილი)
- Marita Khvedelidze (მარიტა ხვედელიძე)
- Nikoloz Reddit (ნიკოლოზ მაღრაძე)
- Shio Kavsadze (შიო კავსაძე)
- Nia Khinchikashvili (ნია ხინჩიკაშვილი)
- Lela Kveniashvili (ლელა კვენიაშვილი)
Starting from September the show will last three months and in each episode, the jury will rate each of the contestants and their performances with scores divided in four categories: voice, acting, artistic and collaborative skills. The hosts of the show are going to be David Aladashvili (famous pianist) and Lika Evgenidze (TV hostess and actress).
The winner of last years edition of the show was Giorgi Rostiashvili who represented Georgia at Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019 with the song “We Need Love” he received 69 points and ended on 14th place.
Countries which confirmed their participation at Junior Eurovision 2020 are: Kazakhstan, Poland, France, Georgia, Ireland, The Netherlands, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Ukraine and Germany who will be making their debut.
Georgia is the country which won the Junior Eurovision three times (2008, 2011 and 2016) and they hosted the show in 2017. Do you think this method of selection could lead them to their fourth victory? Let us know in the comments bellow!