Orgesa Zaimi is back in Festivali i Kenges for the fourth time this year. After her first attempt with “Një shishe në oqean” and two big fan favorites “Ngrije Zerin” and “Hije”, she is back this year and trying to win Albania’s ticket for Eurovision with the song “Valixhja e kujtimeve”.
We had a great pleasure to chat once again with Orgesa, find out more about her new song, her plans for the upcoming Festivali i Kenges, as well as her experience in the past editions of this traditional contest. Read everything she told us right here below:
Orgesa, welcome back to Festivali i Kenges! I was personally very happy to see you back once again, and I believe that our readers at ESCBubble were too, as you were one of the fan favorites each time you entered this contest.
Hello ESCBubble I am very happy to talk to you once again. It’s always my pleasure, and thank you for your support!
You took part in this competition three times in the past. What are your nicest memories from these past editions, and what made you come back?
Every time I was part of FIK was something to remember – my friends, the feelings, the emotions, the experience, I love everything about it. This is one of the oldest festivals in Europe, as it’s being held for almost 60 years, so to be part of it’s history for me is something to keep always with me. This edition will also be well remembered cause it’s the first time it will go on without it’s main component – the live orchestra, and also the first time that FIK its held outside due to Covid 19, so I am really excited and honoured.
What can you tell us about “Valixhja e kujtimeve”, what is the song about?
The song is very powerful and melancholic. It’s about a heartbreak and end of a great love story. It’s very emotional and it’s about a break up, a very heart felt one. The title in English meaning it’s the “Suitcase of memories” so that in anycase, what ever happens we will cherish the memories with us.
The composing team is quite well known, and both Gridi Kraja and Olti Curri were quite successful in Festivali i Kenges, and Olti also wrote “Ngrije zerin” if I’m not wrong. How did this collaboration start?
Olti Curri is a friend of mine for years as Gridi Kraja is too, and it was very helpful to work with the two of them. Good vibes, great energy and quiet a nice trio, so working with them was a pleasure and very easy, we know each other. They also know my vocals and capacity in terms of music so yes it was a great collab.
This is not a typical year like every other, due to all the restrictions that each country has implemented. How did this influence you, and how did the whole process of working on the song, recording it etc work this time?
Well, it was a very hard year, especially in music. For me the whole year was very stressful, without concerts,without playing with my band so the invitation for the song came as an escape and hope to make music again. After we recorded the song at the studio I was quarantined with my family for about 3 weeks so the fear I felt during all this time was very present and I really thought that I wouldn’t make it to FIK, but here I am, with a lot of antibodies 😀
How are your preparations for Festivali i Kenges going? Now that all will be in the open air, do you have some ideas about your stage performance, how is everything going to look like?
Everything is great and also unclear to all of us since it’s the first time on this conditions, so everything is new to everyone. It’s not the first time that I sing outside, so I am familiar with the cold 😀 … We all want to perform the songs so let’s do it…
You always seem full of energy, and come with very unique outfits. Is this going to be the case this year as well?
I hope so, even if its cold outside 😀 … I think I have a great outfit but as I am familiar with a last minute change… please pray for me cause I like the surprise so I think I will change everything last minute 😀
What are you most looking forward to about this year’s competition?
I am looking forward performing my song at it best and bringing emotions to it, as this is what the song is all about.
Have you had a chance to hear any of the other competing songs in this year’s FiK? Who do you think is that one act, who is going to be your biggest competition?
Of course I’ve heard them and I am positive that we have a lot of great artists and songs. I don’t want to compare or to bring one or two names, this year we really are united in a mission of bringing joy, faith and happiness that’s all. Covid can’t stop the music!
Why should you be the one to win FIK?
Because, I am a very funny and energetic person, apart of what I do in music, people like me are very hard to find hahahah (I know, a lot of modesty here)
If you win, would you keep your song in Albanian, or would you have it re-written into English for Eurovision?
Let’s wait for the finals then we will talk back 😀 let’s not anticipate …
Thank you very much for your time Orgesa. We wish you the best of luck at Festivali i Kenges, and hope to see you in Eurovision 2021!
Thank you guys and again I am very thankful for all your support <3 Peace, be safe!
Give a listen to Orgesa’s entry in Festivali i Kenges right here:
If Orgesa Zaimi is your personal favorite in this year’s Festivali i Kenges, make sure you cast your vote for her, and for up to four other acts in our poll right here:
- Rosela Gjylbegu - Vashëzo 16%, 473 votes473 votes 16%473 votes - 16% of all votes
- Anxhela Peristeri - Karma 14%, 397 votes397 votes 14%397 votes - 14% of all votes
- Inis Neziri - Pendesë 12%, 359 votes359 votes 12%359 votes - 12% of all votes
- Era Rusi - Zjarri im 11%, 315 votes315 votes 11%315 votes - 11% of all votes
- Mirud - Nëse vdes 8%, 232 votes232 votes 8%232 votes - 8% of all votes
- Kastro Zizo - Vallja e jetës 8%, 229 votes229 votes 8%229 votes - 8% of all votes
- Orgesa Zaimi - Valixhja e kujtimeve 6%, 172 votes172 votes 6%172 votes - 6% of all votes
- Gigliola Haveriku - E lirë 5%, 160 votes160 votes 5%160 votes - 5% of all votes
- Xhesika Polo - Më mbron 5%, 138 votes138 votes 5%138 votes - 5% of all votes
- Gjergj Kaçinari - Më jep jetë 5%, 133 votes133 votes 5%133 votes - 5% of all votes
- Kamela Islamaj - Kujtimet s'kanë formë 2%, 69 votes69 votes 2%69 votes - 2% of all votes
- Evi Reçi - Tjerr 2%, 63 votes63 votes 2%63 votes - 2% of all votes
- Viktor Tahiraj - Nënë 2%, 53 votes53 votes 2%53 votes - 2% of all votes
- Wendi Mancaku - Vesi i shpirti tim 2%, 49 votes49 votes 2%49 votes - 2% of all votes
- Florent Abrashi - Vajzë 1%, 36 votes36 votes 1%36 votes - 1% of all votes
- Festina Mejzini - Kush je ti dashuri 1%, 22 votes22 votes 1%22 votes - 1% of all votes
- Sardi Strugaj - Kam me t'ba me kajt 1%, 22 votes22 votes 1%22 votes - 1% of all votes
- Devis Xherahu - Peng 0%, 11 votes11 votes11 votes - 0% of all votes