The Belarusian national broadcaster BTRC announced last year that they are not going to stick with their last year’s selected act – the group VAL for 2021, and will thus look for another entry. They have now started their call for songs for Eurovision 2021, and all interested acts have until the 31st of January to apply!
All singers aged 16 or older are welcome to enter the Belarusian national selection, regardless of the country they are from. The rules of the competition include:
- each artist that wishes to apply can send only 1 song to the selection
- the song must not be commercially released before
- the song can be in any language
- the song can not be longer than 3 minutes
- the submission must include a live performance of the song
- depending on the act (whether it’s solo, a duet, or a group), there are specific forms that need to be filled out and submitted – all are available via this link
The exact format of the national final is yet to be announced, as it depends on the epidemiological situation in the country.
VAL were selected to represent Belarus at the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest with their song “Da Vidna”. The last finalist for Belarus in the Eurovision history was Zena with her song “Like It”, in 2019. Give it another listen right here: