Meet the hosts of Melodifestivalen 2021!
It’s just over a month until Sweden’s Melodifestivalen kicks off, and 28 acts are going to step on stage once again to compete to become Sweden’s entry in Eurovision 2021, which will take place in Rotterdam this coming May. Moments ago the Swedish national broadcaster SVT has announced the hosts of this year’s event.
Christer Björkan is going to host all six shows of Melodifestivalen 2021, and he will be joined by a different co-host each week. These are his co-hosts:
- Semi Final 1: Lena Philipsson (represented Sweden in Eurovision 2004 with “It Hurts”)
- Semi Final 2: Oscar Zia & Anis Don Demina (both artists took part in Melodifestivalen multiple times)
- Semi Final 3: Jason Diakité (rapper also known as Tumbuktu, who hosted the music aid radio/television show Musikhjälpen from its start in 2008 until 2012)
- Semi Final 4: Per Andersson (actor and comedian)
- Andra Chansen: Shirley Clamp (took part in Melodifestivalen multiple times)
- Final: Måns Zelmerlöw (winner of Eurovision 2015 with “Heroes”) & Shima Niavarani (singer and actress).
This year’s edition of Melodifestivalen will start on the 6th of February, and will continue over six weeks until the Final takes place on the 13th of March. All six shows are going to be held in Stockholm.