Albina is competing in ‘Dora 2021’ with the song “Tick-Tock” and we had the opportunity to chat with her before the final! The national final will take place this Saturday, 13 February where 14 songs will compete to win the ticket for Rotterdam.
Hello Albina and thank you for taking your time for ESCBubble! First of all, how was your reaction when you heard you will be at Dora 2021?
Hello ESCBubble! 🙂 I believed in my song “Tick-Tock ” ever since I first heard it, and I am very happy that it was selected as one of the songs for Dora 2021. When I found out that I will be participating, I got very excited and emotional because I’ve been following Dora and Eurovision since I was a kid, so this is a really big deal for me.
You already competed in “The Voice Croatia”, how was the experience there and do you think The Voice helped you to prepare for Dora too?
The Voice was an amazing experience from which I learned a lot. I believe it helped me deal with some difficulties like stage fright. Right now I feel very excited, but not frightened, and I can’t wait to perform my song.
How do you feel competing again against Filip? Both of you were in the battle in The Voice and now your “fighting” again in another contest.
I am really glad that young and talented musicians have an opportunity to present themselves at Dora 2021, and one of them is also Filip. I am looking forward to hearing his song and I wish him a great performance.
Your song is called “Tick-Tock”, what can you tell us about the song?
I would describe it as a trendy pop song with disco vibes. I think it has a very catchy chorus and a positive message. I would also leave the interpretation of the lyrics to the audience. I can’t wait to see how people will relate to the song.
How will be the staging at Dora 2021? What can we expect from your performance?
I think that my performance will be something that the audience won’t expect for me, positively. I am really happy with what my team and I have created. Every team member is fantastic and plays an important part. Everyone is extremely dedicated and focused.
Do you follow Eurovision and have you a favorite song from the contest?
Of course, I’ve been following this competition since my childhood and I’ve been dreaming of competing in Eurovision. My favorite song is, without a doubt, “Euphoria “by Loreen. I think it has everything; her voice, her stage presence, confidence, and the vocal delivery, everything is on point. The performance that I also really liked was Eleni’s “Fuego “, and for me, one of the most emotional performances was “Quédate Conmigo” by Pastora Soler.
And any other plans for 2021? Can we expect new music from Albina?
Right now, I am very concentrated on my Dora performance, but I definitely have plans for the future, like creating new music and recording my album.
In the end, I want to thank you for your time and please, if you have a message for your fans and our readers here on ESCBubble?
First of all, I want to thank you for the questions! I hope that you will like my performance on Dora, and I am inviting everyone to watch the show. Thank you for your time, and stay safe!
You can listen the snippet of her song “Tick-tock” down below:
Also you can vote for Albina in our poll for Dora 2021:
- Mia Negovetić – She’s Like Dream 18%, 508 votes508 votes 18%508 votes - 18% of all votes
- Albina – Tick-Tock 16%, 471 vote471 vote 16%471 vote - 16% of all votes
- Alkonost of Balkan (Nina Kraljić) – Rijeka 13%, 383 votes383 votes 13%383 votes - 13% of all votes
- Cambi – Zaljubljen 10%, 299 votes299 votes 10%299 votes - 10% of all votes
- Bernarda – Colors 9%, 257 votes257 votes 9%257 votes - 9% of all votes
- ToMa – Ocean of Love 7%, 190 votes190 votes 7%190 votes - 7% of all votes
- Filip Rudan – Blind 6%, 168 votes168 votes 6%168 votes - 6% of all votes
- Beta Sudar – Ma zamisli 5%, 153 votes153 votes 5%153 votes - 5% of all votes
- Ella Orešković – Come This Way 5%, 146 votes146 votes 5%146 votes - 5% of all votes
- Tony Cetinski & Kiki Rahimovski – Zapjevaj, sloboda je! 4%, 112 votes112 votes 4%112 votes - 4% of all votes
- Sandi Cenov – Kriv 3%, 91 vote91 vote 3%91 vote - 3% of all votes
- Eric – Reci mi 2%, 64 votes64 votes 2%64 votes - 2% of all votes
- Brigita Vuco – Noći pijane 1%, 35 votes35 votes 1%35 votes - 1% of all votes
- Ashley Colburn & Bojan Jambrošić – Share the Love 0%, 14 votes14 votes14 votes - 0% of all votes