Eric Vidović is competing in ‘Dora 2021’ with the song “Reci mi” and we had the opportunity to chat with him before the final! The national final will take place this Saturday, 13 February where 14 songs will compete to win the ticket for Rotterdam.
Hello Eric Vidovic and thank you for taking your time for ESCBubble! First of all, how was your reaction when you heard you will be at Dora 2021?
Hello and thank you for having me! At first, I couldn’t believe it, it was only a couple of days later that I became fully aware of the fact that I’m going to participate at Dora 2021! Lots of artists applied for the competition, so being chosen is a really big honour.
What made you decide to participate in the competition?
I’ve been a fan of Eurovision Song Contest for over 15 years now, I always watched it with my family when I was younger. Eurovision week has always been such a huge happening for me, I can compare it with how I feel about Football’s World Cup, and I am a big fan of football. That’s why I decided to try out and send one of my songs for Dora 2021 and luckily for me it got chosen and I couldn’t be happier about it.
Your song is called “Reci mi”, what can you tell us about the song and what’s the message behind?
“Reci mi” means “Tell me” in Croatian. I won’t reveal too much, but I will say that it’s catchy and has a dance vibe and groove. I hope people will like it as soon as they hear it.
You are also the author of your song, how was the journey to create this song? Also if you win, will you sing in Croatian or English for Eurovision?
I started making the song by playing the riff on the guitar. That’s how I create most of my songs because guitar is my main instrument. The riff is really catchy so I didn’t find it hard to make a melody or the lyrics for the song. It took me like a month to finish the whole production and I’m really proud with the result. I am currently preparing for my Dora performance, so I am focused on the Croatian version which I will present on 13th of February.
How will be the staging at Dora? What can we expect from your performance?
I want “Reci mi” to speak for itself, so I am planning on keeping it simple.
Do you follow Eurovision and have you a favorite song from the contest?
Yes, I’ve been a huge fan of Eurovision since I was four or five years old, I haven’t missed a single competition ever since. One of my favourite songs is “Euphoria” by Loreen back from 2012, I also liked “Heroes” from Måns Zelmerlöw and lots of other songs like “Arcade” by the 2019 winner Duncan Laurence. It’s a masterpiece and it deserved to win.
And any other plans for 2021? Can we expect new music from Eric?
I have big plans for this year. My first album called “I Am Eric” will be released on 9th of April this year. It will contain 11 songs including “Reci mi” and its English version “Tell Me”. I’m also planning on opening my own music production studio, which is almost finished. I record and produce my music in my home studio, so having a professional set up will make it possible for me to work quicker. I am constantly working on new song ideas and I am very hyped about what the future will bring. I am also thankful for my manager, my label and all the people who support me.
In the end, I want to thank you for your time and please, if you have a message for your fans and our readers here on ESCBubble?
Thank you for reading this interview and wanting to find out more about me! If you want to know more about my exciting musical journey, you can follow me on my Instagram @eric.vidovic_official and Facebook @iamericmusic, it would mean the world to me. Sending love from Croatia!
You can listen the snippet of his song “Reci mi” down below:
Also you can vote for Eric Vidović in our poll for Dora 2021:
- Mia Negovetić – She’s Like Dream 18%, 508 votes508 votes 18%508 votes - 18% of all votes
- Albina – Tick-Tock 16%, 471 vote471 vote 16%471 vote - 16% of all votes
- Alkonost of Balkan (Nina Kraljić) – Rijeka 13%, 383 votes383 votes 13%383 votes - 13% of all votes
- Cambi – Zaljubljen 10%, 299 votes299 votes 10%299 votes - 10% of all votes
- Bernarda – Colors 9%, 257 votes257 votes 9%257 votes - 9% of all votes
- ToMa – Ocean of Love 7%, 190 votes190 votes 7%190 votes - 7% of all votes
- Filip Rudan – Blind 6%, 168 votes168 votes 6%168 votes - 6% of all votes
- Beta Sudar – Ma zamisli 5%, 153 votes153 votes 5%153 votes - 5% of all votes
- Ella Orešković – Come This Way 5%, 146 votes146 votes 5%146 votes - 5% of all votes
- Tony Cetinski & Kiki Rahimovski – Zapjevaj, sloboda je! 4%, 112 votes112 votes 4%112 votes - 4% of all votes
- Sandi Cenov – Kriv 3%, 91 vote91 vote 3%91 vote - 3% of all votes
- Eric – Reci mi 2%, 64 votes64 votes 2%64 votes - 2% of all votes
- Brigita Vuco – Noći pijane 1%, 35 votes35 votes 1%35 votes - 1% of all votes
- Ashley Colburn & Bojan Jambrošić – Share the Love 0%, 14 votes14 votes14 votes - 0% of all votes