Good afternoon! It’s Day 6 of the Eurovision 2021 rehearsals. This morning we saw Malta, San Marino, Estonia, Czech Republic and Greece perform for the second time and you can read our update from this morning here.
We continue into the afternoon with five more Semi Final 2 second rehearsals now and then we’ll have the first rehearsals of the Big 5 plus The Netherlands.
For ESCBubble coverage, please make sure you are following us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, whilst we also have a Live Rehearsal Blog running all day long where you can get even more updates on every rehearsal.
We will be now be giving you an overview of all five of the rehearsals in today’s post-lunch session – where we saw Austria, Poland, Moldova, Iceland and Serbia rehearse.
We start off the afternoon with Vincent Bueno and he really isn’t missing a note in rehearsals. It’s all about the lighting improvements with this one and it does seem more effective and compliments his performance perfectly. He’s trying to portray the feeling of everything closing in around him and the sense of being helpless. It feels like a more tv friendly performance today, and although the changes are subtle they are helping bring across the feeling of engagement a song like this really needs. Vincent definitely has a strong shot of qualifying.
Poland were on next looking to take us on a ride, and it’s fair to say it’s been a bumpy old car ride so far. Today Rafał and his team made a lot of positive adjustments with the balance between him and the backing vocalist a lot tighter and he performed better on the notes at the end that he struggled with the other day. Given it’s in competition with Greece for the 80’s bops market it’s difficult to see Greece not take most of the votes. There were a lot of pyros on the third run through, and I think it’s probably overkill and needs to be toned down. Overall better but still needs work to qualify – the ‘Hello Europe’ line definitely should go.
Next to rehearse for the second time was Natalia Gordienko, and the big question this time was – would she try the big note at the end? She did and it all went to plan for Team Moldova. The cuts were tighter and it looked a lot more coherent today, you can tell Natalia is starting to feel a lot more comfortable on the stage and all of the choreography looked effective. The backing vocalists felt a lot more in sync with Natalia’s lead today and they really complimented each other well and she looks stunning on stage. A lot of people are unsure about its chances but I would still pick it as a qualifier in what is proving to be a very competitive semi final!
Next up we have one of the acts high up in the bookmakers odds currently – Iceland. Daði og Gagnamagnið continue to impress with their quirky but always fun staging which sees them make full use of their artistry and just so creative. Daði said in his interview with ESCBubble (up soon) that he rated his first rehearsal as a 7.7 out of 10, so I’m going to say he should give himself a 9.9 for this one. The camera angles are all tight and as he’d have wanted and the part where three of Gagnamagnið are stood in a keyboard created circle and the choir comes down is one of the best moments of Eurovision 2021. All I can say is that if you have a bet on this – you got a good thing going!
Our final rehearsal of this session was from the amazing Hurricane girls with ‘Loca Loca’. Their energy is incredibly infectious and Sanja continues to impress and find new ways to nail her big note at the end. It’s debatable as to whether the first minute has the opening impression that it needs to give off staging wise but by the end you do get wowed by Hurricane attacking that dance floor and conquering all before them. This will come down to whether Europe take to the song but the rehearsals have ended on a high note for the Serbians. Certainly in the running to make the Grand Final for sure.
Who was your favourite of this session of rehearsals? Let us know on our social media! And don’t forget to make sure to vote in the official ESCBubble qualifiers poll too – who do YOU want to see make the final?
- Lithuania - The Roop - Discoteque 15%, 842 votes842 votes 15%842 votes - 15% of all votes
- Cyprus - Elena Tsagrinou - El Diablo 13%, 750 votes750 votes 13%750 votes - 13% of all votes
- Ukraine - Go_A - Shum 12%, 697 votes697 votes 12%697 votes - 12% of all votes
- Malta - Destiny - Je me casse 10%, 595 votes595 votes 10%595 votes - 10% of all votes
- Russia - Manizha - Russian Woman 10%, 548 votes548 votes 10%548 votes - 10% of all votes
- Romania - Roxen - Amnesia 7%, 377 votes377 votes 7%377 votes - 7% of all votes
- Belgium - Hooverphonic - The Wrong Place 6%, 356 votes356 votes 6%356 votes - 6% of all votes
- Croatia - Albina - Tick-Tock 6%, 316 votes316 votes 6%316 votes - 6% of all votes
- Sweden - Tusse - Voices 5%, 261 vote261 vote 5%261 vote - 5% of all votes
- Norway - TIX - Fallen Angel 4%, 220 votes220 votes 4%220 votes - 4% of all votes
- Israel - Eden Alene - Set Me Free 4%, 208 votes208 votes 4%208 votes - 4% of all votes
- Azerbaijan - Efendi - Mata Hari 3%, 185 votes185 votes 3%185 votes - 3% of all votes
- Ireland - Lesley Roy - Maps 2%, 143 votes143 votes 2%143 votes - 2% of all votes
- Slovenia - Ana Soklič - Amen 2%, 98 votes98 votes 2%98 votes - 2% of all votes
- Australia - Montaigne - Technicolour 1%, 78 votes78 votes 1%78 votes - 1% of all votes
- North Macedonia - Vasil - Here I Stand 1%, 49 votes49 votes 1%49 votes - 1% of all votes
- Switzerland - Gjon's Tears - Tout l'Univers 14%, 977 votes977 votes 14%977 votes - 14% of all votes
- Iceland - Daði og Gagnamagnið - 10 Years 13%, 856 votes856 votes 13%856 votes - 13% of all votes
- Greece - Stefania - Last Dance 12%, 816 votes816 votes 12%816 votes - 12% of all votes
- Finland - Blind Channel - Dark Side 11%, 717 votes717 votes 11%717 votes - 11% of all votes
- San Marino - Senhit - Adrenalina 9%, 605 votes605 votes 9%605 votes - 9% of all votes
- Bulgaria - Victoria - Growing Up Is Getting Old 7%, 464 votes464 votes 7%464 votes - 7% of all votes
- Portugal - The Black Mamba - Love Is On My Side 6%, 435 votes435 votes 6%435 votes - 6% of all votes
- Moldova - Natalia Gordienko - Sugar 5%, 325 votes325 votes 5%325 votes - 5% of all votes
- Latvia - Samanta Tina - The Moon Is Rising 4%, 297 votes297 votes 4%297 votes - 4% of all votes
- Denmark - Fyr or Flamme - Øve os på hinanden 4%, 285 votes285 votes 4%285 votes - 4% of all votes
- Serbia - Hurricane - Loco Loco 4%, 282 votes282 votes 4%282 votes - 4% of all votes
- Albania - Anxhela Peristeri - Karma 3%, 218 votes218 votes 3%218 votes - 3% of all votes
- Austria - Vincent Bueno - Amen 2%, 148 votes148 votes 2%148 votes - 2% of all votes
- Czech Republic - Benny Cristo - Omaga 1%, 101 vote101 vote 1%101 vote - 1% of all votes
- Estonia - Uku Suviste - The Lucky One 1%, 87 votes87 votes 1%87 votes - 1% of all votes
- Poland - Rafał - The Ride 1%, 77 votes77 votes 1%77 votes - 1% of all votes
- Georgia - Tornike Kipiani - You 1%, 72 votes72 votes 1%72 votes - 1% of all votes