Good morning from Day 6 of the Eurovision 2021 rehearsals. We’ve now seen 15 of the 16 second rehearsals for the first. semi finalists – so today we shall see the 16th act Malta, 9 of the second semi finalists and then the first rehearsals of the Big 5 plus The Netherlands.
For ESCBubble coverage, please make sure you are following us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, whilst we also have a Live Rehearsal Blog running all day long where you can get even more updates on every rehearsal.
We will be overviewing all five of the rehearsals in today’s morning session – where we saw Malta, San Marino, Estonia, Czech Republic and Greece rehearse.
Malta starts Day 6 with the return of Destiny – in a new outfit! The pink is gone, from the top anyway and replaced with a glittery and shiny silver top which helps her to stand out from the backing dancers who are still fully in pink. Destiny’s performance remains as fierce as ever and there are only a few minors tweaks here, with some pyros coming into play in the second run-through. The last note needs to be a little tighter but we know she’ll smash it out of the ballpark on the night. Will it qualify? For sure.
Well Senhit sure is going to be starting off Semi Final 2 with a moment – she’s out on stage in her much talked about opening costume – gone is the religious imagery and we have pictures of Flo Rida instead and a load of question marks – she definitely is asking the question – is he here?. Senhit then calls out “Are you ready to feel the flow….Rida” but alas it’s still his very able stand in here on stage with us again. The freaky queen is living every moment during her performance and and giving her all vocally, it sounded really good. Also intriguingly. we have scenes of Flo Rida from the video in the background. And finally some pyros on the third run-through finishes off a strong session for Senhit! Should do well on the night.
A very impressive rehearsal from Uku Suviste and the Estonian team. Today the vocals are a lot sharper, with the balance with the backing singing just right and Uku himself sounds a lot more confident on the stage. The flow between Uku and Kaarel (who is on backing) is connecting much better and whatever changes they’ve made have been very positive. Staging wise it’s still pretty similar, with the same outfit as Uku again performs alone on stage. It does feel like the video of Uku being pushed into the water doesn’t look as good on the bigger stage unlike at the Saku Suurhall, not sure how that could be fixed though. This is definitely in contention to qualify.
Fourth on was the very enigmatic Benny Cristo and he was rocking some some very cool glasses in a couple of his run-throughs. Apart from that there was very little change, Benny and his team had it all pretty much nailed on when they went through the first rehearsal. I think the shots on the third run looked a lot tighter and it the way the performance finishes with the camera under the stage makes it look very effective. With the full of experience of ‘Lets Dance’ on straight after you would have to worry about it being forgotten but hats off to Team Czech Republic for some excellent and fun rehearsals.
Stefania has one of the most talked about stagings of the whole contest, and once again she is bringing her a-game. What is noticeable on each run-through is how much work is going into second of the performance and slowly we realise how Stefania is managing to reach her spots and the interactions with the dancers on stage is fascinating. There’s one part when she’s on the invisible staircase where one of the dancers arrives late but not sure whether that is intended or not. As for the vocal, she improved on every run and we’re confident she’ll be right on the night. The visual experience remains sensation and it should be an easy qualifier.
Who was your favourite of this session of rehearsals? Let us know on our social media! And don’t forget to make sure to vote in the official ESCBubble qualifiers poll too – who do YOU want to see make the final?
- Lithuania - The Roop - Discoteque 15%, 842 votes842 votes 15%842 votes - 15% of all votes
- Cyprus - Elena Tsagrinou - El Diablo 13%, 750 votes750 votes 13%750 votes - 13% of all votes
- Ukraine - Go_A - Shum 12%, 697 votes697 votes 12%697 votes - 12% of all votes
- Malta - Destiny - Je me casse 10%, 595 votes595 votes 10%595 votes - 10% of all votes
- Russia - Manizha - Russian Woman 10%, 548 votes548 votes 10%548 votes - 10% of all votes
- Romania - Roxen - Amnesia 7%, 377 votes377 votes 7%377 votes - 7% of all votes
- Belgium - Hooverphonic - The Wrong Place 6%, 356 votes356 votes 6%356 votes - 6% of all votes
- Croatia - Albina - Tick-Tock 6%, 316 votes316 votes 6%316 votes - 6% of all votes
- Sweden - Tusse - Voices 5%, 261 vote261 vote 5%261 vote - 5% of all votes
- Norway - TIX - Fallen Angel 4%, 220 votes220 votes 4%220 votes - 4% of all votes
- Israel - Eden Alene - Set Me Free 4%, 208 votes208 votes 4%208 votes - 4% of all votes
- Azerbaijan - Efendi - Mata Hari 3%, 185 votes185 votes 3%185 votes - 3% of all votes
- Ireland - Lesley Roy - Maps 2%, 143 votes143 votes 2%143 votes - 2% of all votes
- Slovenia - Ana Soklič - Amen 2%, 98 votes98 votes 2%98 votes - 2% of all votes
- Australia - Montaigne - Technicolour 1%, 78 votes78 votes 1%78 votes - 1% of all votes
- North Macedonia - Vasil - Here I Stand 1%, 49 votes49 votes 1%49 votes - 1% of all votes
- Switzerland - Gjon's Tears - Tout l'Univers 14%, 977 votes977 votes 14%977 votes - 14% of all votes
- Iceland - Daði og Gagnamagnið - 10 Years 13%, 856 votes856 votes 13%856 votes - 13% of all votes
- Greece - Stefania - Last Dance 12%, 816 votes816 votes 12%816 votes - 12% of all votes
- Finland - Blind Channel - Dark Side 11%, 717 votes717 votes 11%717 votes - 11% of all votes
- San Marino - Senhit - Adrenalina 9%, 605 votes605 votes 9%605 votes - 9% of all votes
- Bulgaria - Victoria - Growing Up Is Getting Old 7%, 464 votes464 votes 7%464 votes - 7% of all votes
- Portugal - The Black Mamba - Love Is On My Side 6%, 435 votes435 votes 6%435 votes - 6% of all votes
- Moldova - Natalia Gordienko - Sugar 5%, 325 votes325 votes 5%325 votes - 5% of all votes
- Latvia - Samanta Tina - The Moon Is Rising 4%, 297 votes297 votes 4%297 votes - 4% of all votes
- Denmark - Fyr or Flamme - Øve os på hinanden 4%, 285 votes285 votes 4%285 votes - 4% of all votes
- Serbia - Hurricane - Loco Loco 4%, 282 votes282 votes 4%282 votes - 4% of all votes
- Albania - Anxhela Peristeri - Karma 3%, 218 votes218 votes 3%218 votes - 3% of all votes
- Austria - Vincent Bueno - Amen 2%, 148 votes148 votes 2%148 votes - 2% of all votes
- Czech Republic - Benny Cristo - Omaga 1%, 101 vote101 vote 1%101 vote - 1% of all votes
- Estonia - Uku Suviste - The Lucky One 1%, 87 votes87 votes 1%87 votes - 1% of all votes
- Poland - Rafał - The Ride 1%, 77 votes77 votes 1%77 votes - 1% of all votes
- Georgia - Tornike Kipiani - You 1%, 72 votes72 votes 1%72 votes - 1% of all votes