The Russian national final has just been recorded revealing us the winner of the contest. Tanya Mezhentseva will wave the Russian flag at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 on December 19. The young singer, who represented Russia in 2019 in a duo with Demberel Oorzhak, will perform the song ‘Mon Ami’ (My Friend) at La Seine Musicale in Paris.
Like in previous years, Karusel and the Igor Krutoy Academy have teamed up for the Russian entry at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. The national selection process was made up of different stages, including an open call for songs, an internal audition and the national final show, which has just been recorded. 12 acts reached the final of the selection and were given original songs written for them:
- Polina Etchik – Vremya Mechtat
- Group OCHECHI – Siyay
- Tanya Mezhentseva – Mon Ami
- Trio lol&Pop – Tantsuy
- Andrey Drobyshev – 100 Dorog
- Nikita Varentsov – 7.40
- Mariya Gulevich – Moy Mir
- Murad Khushlayev – Naivnaya
- Sofiya Fomenko – Hey Mom
- Elizaveta Trofimova – Zachet
- Yuliya Gavrilova – Moyo Imya Lyubov
- Taniya Saniya – Zakruzhit
Today all the candidates have delivered the songs live for the first time in front of the professional jury panel which has decided half of the final outcome after the public online voting decided the other half for five days. The members of the jury were:
- Yulia Savicheva (Eurovision 2004)
- Ekaterina Orlova (Head of the JESC Delegation and member of the Steering Group)
- Katya Maneshina (Former Russian finalist for JESC)
- Valery Kuzakov (Young singer)
- Manizha (Eurovision 2021)
This year, the contestants designed the staging and costumes for their performances with the help of professionals to develop them for the show. Although the final has taken place today, we won’t be able to watch it on TV until Saturday 30th at 18.00 CET on Karusel.
Tanya has become the third contestant to come back to Junior Eurovision after Lerika (Moldova 2011 and Russia 2021) and Katya Ryabova (Russia 2009 and 2011).
What do you think about the Russian song for Junior Eurovision 2021? Let us know!