Nu kör vi! Swedish broadcaster SVT announced today that tickets for Sweden’s largest music festival, Melodifestivalen, which is back in its usual form starting in February 2022, will be on sales in less than a month, on the 8th of November.
SVT uses Melodifestivalen, known colloquially as Melfest, to determine its entry for the Eurovision Song Contest. Since 2002, the festival has been structured to include four semi-finals, a second chance round, and a final. These shows have taken place all around Sweden, with Malmö and Gothenburg hosting two of the four semis every year, and the final taking place in Stockholm – and this year will be no different. After the cancellation of the 2021 Melfest tour because of the pandemic, fans will be thrilled to see the show travel around Sweden once again!
- Semi-final 1, 5 February 2022, Malmö (Malmö Arena)
- Semi-final 2, 12 February 2022, Gothenburg (Scandinavium)
- Semi-final 3, 19 February 2022, Linköping (Saab Arena)
- Semi-final 4, 26 February 2022, Lidköping (Sparbanken Arena)
- Second Chance Round, 5 March 2022, Örnsköldsvik (Hägglunds Arena)
- Final, 12 March 2022, Stockholm (Friends Arena)
The tickets for all of the shows are going on sale on the 8th of November, and everyone interested in going to any of the shows will be able to purchase their tickets from ticketmaster.se.
Oscar Zia will host the festival this year. He has competed three times in Melodifestiven, coming in second place in 2016. The line-up of artists will be released by SVT in a press conference in due course. Until then, who would you like to see compete to represent Sweden in Turin in May? Let us know in the comments below!