Alinur Khamzin and Khänibekuly Beknur have just won the Kazakh national final for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 and will represent the country on December 19 in Paris. The young performers will sing the song ‘Ertegi Älemi’ (World of Fairytales) at La Seine Musicale. Both have been selected as the winners after a tie following a mix of jury and public voting.
Khabar Agency has just held the final show of their national selection for Junior Eurovision. The broadcaster received a total of 819 applications for this year’s selection process, but only 30 candidates were selected for the online voting that took place last month. That voting allowed everyone to vote for their favourite performer based on cover videos. Then, the 10 most voted of the online voting went through to the final show which has been broadcast live today.
All 10 finalists were given original songs by the best composers of Kazakhstan for the final:
- Älimzhan Tugelbai – Senem Elä
- Zhan Makim – Bile
- Ekaterina Tabarina – Fotomodel
- Khänibekuly Beknur (Winner) – Human
- Adina Sulenova – Äkeshim
- Armen Saakyan – Bala Makhabbat
- Ayganym Amantay – Armanym
- Amina Asgatova – Qimylda
- Alinur Khamzin – Ertegi Älemi (Winner)
- Abilqayyr Zhumabay – Indigo Bala
The winners were selected by an equal combination of votes from the public and a jury panel, made up of:
- Kanat Aitbaev (singer and director of production centre ‘DimashAli’).
- Karlygash Abdikrimova (cultural worker and Kazakh representative at Slavic Bazaar in Vitebsk).
- Dinara Bisembina (director of Khabar TV).
- Khamit Shangaliev (music producer and composer).
- Madina Sadvakasova (singer and honour worker of the Republic of Kazakhstan).
- Yerlan Bekchurin (producer, composer and arranger of talented singer Dimash).
- Karlygash Abdikarimova (cultural worker, director of international contests “Boztorgai” and “Shattyk”, and member of the International Association of Contests and Festivals and Kazakh representative at Slavic Bazaar in Vitebsk)
What do you think about the Kazakh choice? Let us know!