After their absence in the latest Eurovision Song Contest, Montenegro has officialy announced to return to the competition in 2022. Not only have they announced their comeback 30 songs were submitted to RTCG, Montenegro’s broadcaster, which is a new record for the small coutry of Montenegro. RTCG have now revealed more details about how Montenegro’s selection process is going to work:
Out of the 30 submitted songs, 24 were entered correctly and a jury consisting of 10 members will evaluate and vote for these 24 entries. RTCG is going to attach great importance to keeping the individual votes a secret, so they will even remain a secret between the 10 jury members.
This is the list of the 10 jury members that are going to determine Montenegro’s entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Turin:
1. Stana Šalgo, music editor of Radio Montenegro and President of the Jury
2. Branka Banović, music editor of TV Montenegro
3. Danijel Alibabić, President of the Association of Pop Artists of Montenegro (member of No Name who represented Serbia & Montenegro in Eurovision 2005)
4. Bojana Nenezić, advisor for music culture at the Institute for schooling
5. Zoja Đurović, professor at the Music School “Vasa Pavić”
6. Dražen Bauković, editor in the Entertainment Program of TVCG
7. Nina Žižić, pop artist and participant in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 with WhoSee
8. Gojko Berkuljan, director and main producer of RTCG
9. Ilmira Lika, editor and director of TV Teuta
10. Đorđije Kustudić, Marketing Manager of RTCG
Eurovision fans will surely recognize a name or two among these jury members. Nina Žižić who represented Montenegro at the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Malmö together with WhoSee will help to find the next Eurovision song of Montenegro. You can re-watch their Eurovision performance here:
Danijel Alibabić has also performed on the Eurovision stage, back in 2005 when it was still Serbia & Montenegro, with his band No Name and the song “Zauvijek Moja”. The band even managed to finish in 7th place in the Grand Final.
What is your opinion on Montenegro’s new selection format? Are you happy to see them return to the contest? Share your opinion in the comments and on our social media profiles!