YLE has published a few hints for five out of the seven candidates that will compete at this year’s Finnish national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest. We will get to know them at a press conference that will be held on Wednesday, January 12th. The finalists have been selected by an expert committee led by Tapio Hakanen, Head of Music at YleX, from a total of 312 submissions received.
You can find a few clues of some of the participants right below, can you guess them?
- Participant 1: More than 10 million streams on Spotify/Nominated to the Finnish Grammys/Peto On Irti (English: The monster has been revealed)
- Participant 2: Famous dance party song/Cheeky with a positive personality/Has collaborated with well-known names of the music panorama.
- Participant 3: Has toured around Europe/Gold and platinum CDs in their career/Experienced artist.
- Participant 4: Make out music/Used to play in the street/Heard during a commercial.
- Participants 5: More than 10 million streams/released a song with a famous international artist/Shivers!!
After the success of Blind Channel at Eurovision in Rotterdam, the Finish broadcaster has opted for an open national final once again. The show will take place on February 26th at Logomo Arena in Turku.
How much are you looking forward to the announcement of the UMK 2022 finalists? Let us know!