In an announcement on this evening’s TG1 news [link in Italian], Amadeus revealed that last year’s winners of Sanremo and Eurovision will be the “super guests” or VIPs at the first night of the Sanremo Festival on 1st February! In fact, Amadeus reverently referred to it as “La serata Måneskin“, or ‘Måneskin’s Evening‘.
TG1 surprised Amadeus, the host and artistic director of the Sanremo Festival since 2020, by bringing Måneskin live via satellite from Los Angeles to the interview. Amadeus thanked them for agreeing to be part of the first night of the Festival and acknowledged the love and affection the viewers have for them.
Amadeus exclaimed, “Guys, are you ready?” and Damiano David replied for the group by saying, “Yes yes, we’re super ready and we can’t wait.”
When asked what it means to them to return to the Ariston Theatre’s stage one year after winning the Festival, Victoria de Angelis spoke for the band and said, “It will be beautiful. We’re emotional because all this started there and we have to thank Amadeus so much for having believed in us and our song, let’s say that was the turning point, from there we got so many opportunities.”
Of course Måneskin have been going non-stop since winning Eurovision in May. They have done gigs in both Europe and America:
- they toured Europe, doing shows in Italy, The Netherlands, the Czech Republic, France, and Poland, just to name a few,
- they have been on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and The Ellen Show,
- they opened for the Rolling Stones in Las Vegas,
- they won Best Rock Awars at the MTV EMAs,
- the performed at the iHeartRadio ALTer Ego 2022 in Los Angeles,
- they were announced to perform at Rock In Rio 2022,
- and recently announcements came that they will perform at Coachella in 2022, and they will be part of SNL this week!
And those were just a few highlights from the busy year they had since Eurovision and the busy year they will have in 2022!
Will you be watching them at Sanremo this year? Let us know your thoughts below or on our social media!