RTVE reveals further details about Benidorm Fest – Check the allocation for semifinals
Today RTVE has held a press conference to reveal further information about Benidorm Fest, which is set to take place on January 26, 27 and 29. 14 acts will compete at the new Spanish selection format, but only one of them will go on to represent the country at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
Just a few days before the big week, RTVE has revealed some missing details about the shows that will make up the Spanish national selection for Turin:
- There will be a stage with hexagonal form, which will be divided into two platforms of 450 and 300 M2 length with HD movable LED screens.
- The broadcaster will follow closely the recommendations of health authorities being in contact with them all the time.
- People will be able to get tickets for the shows for free out of a total of 700 available through entradas.com.
- An official CD with all the songs from the show will be published by Warner Music in March.
- A welcome press conference will take place at 11.30 CET on Monday 24th January in Benidorm.
- The press and authorities will be able to visit the venue later that day, at 13.25 CET.
- Rehearsals for the first semi-final will kick off on Tuesday, 25th January.
- The shows will start at 22.40 CET and will be broadcast on RTVE and RTVE Play. The semi-finals will last for 70 minutes while the final will have a duration of 90 minutes.
- A press conference will be held after each semi-final.
- A press conference with all the finalists will take place at 11.30 CET on Friday, 28th January.
- The demoscopic jury will be made up of 350 members.
Benidorm Fest 2022 will be made up of three shows, two semi-finals and the Grand Final on January 29. Each semi-final will see seven candidates compete for one of the eight spots available at the final. The results will be decided by a combination of votes from two panels of experts, national (60%) and international (40%), and the public, televote (50%) and demoscopic jury made up of 350 members (50%).
The shows will take place at Palau Municipal d’Esports in Benidorm and will be hosted by singer Alaska, host and former minister of culture Máximo Huerta and host Inés Hernand from RTVE’s streaming platform Play.
From all the submissions received, an expert committee selected the following entries for Benidorm Fest:
- Azúcar Moreno – Postureo
- Blanca Paloma – Secreto de agua
- Chanel – Slo mo
- Gonzalo Hermida – Quién lo diría
- Javiera Mena – Culpa
- Luna Ki – Voy a morir
- Marta Sango – Sigues en mi mente
- Rayden – Calle de la llorería
- Rigoberta Bandini – Ay mamá
- Sara Deop – Make You Say
- Tanxugueiras – Terra
- Unique – Mejores
- Varry Brava – Raffaella
- Xeinn – Eco
You can check the split of the semi-finals and the running order below:
Who do you want to win Benidorm Fest 2022? Vote in our poll!
- Tanxugueiras – Terra 23%, 821 vote821 vote 23%821 vote - 23% of all votes
- Rayden – Calle de la llorería 20%, 698 votes698 votes 20%698 votes - 20% of all votes
- Rigoberta Bandini – Ay mamá 19%, 659 votes659 votes 19%659 votes - 19% of all votes
- Chanel – Slo mo 16%, 544 votes544 votes 16%544 votes - 16% of all votes
- Varry Brava – Raffaella 10%, 367 votes367 votes 10%367 votes - 10% of all votes
- Blanca Paloma – Secreto de agua 5%, 176 votes176 votes 5%176 votes - 5% of all votes
- Xeinn – Eco 4%, 153 votes153 votes 4%153 votes - 4% of all votes
- Gonzalo Hermida – Quién lo diría 2%, 81 vote81 vote 2%81 vote - 2% of all votes