Živilė: “The third time does not lie and the fourth guarantees success”
Živilė Gedvilaitė is a Lithuanian singer and musician who competed at the Lithuanian national selection on several occasions and she is back for another try this time with a song “Lioness”.
Hello Živile, the Eurovision audience knows you from your previous two attempts to represent Lithuania in 2018 with “Melody” and in 2019 with “Learn from your love”. Both times you ended the contest in semi-final and now you’re back, third time’s a charm. What inspired you to return to the Lithuanian national selection?
– The following phrase is used in Lithuania.The third time does not lie and the fourth guarantees success. To return to Eurovision, I was first pushed by a wonderful song by Swedish authors Ylva and Linda Persson, John Matthews, Charlie Mason and of course my own great desire to return to the stage after maternity leave and remind the audience of myself and keep going.
What is your favourite memory or if you want you can share an anecdote from your previous two participations at Lithuanian selections for Eurovision?
– The memories were great. Because to be qualified and be live on air on stage is a wonderful feeling. Talking about funny side… 😄 Both times i had a really poor makeup, especially one time I had to practically get on stage and I didn’t have a makeup yet. I would call it laughter through tears.
Can you tell us what was the idea behind “Lioness” and what it mean for you?
– After receiving this song from the authors right away I liked the melody at most, before I started going deeper into the lyrics which is about a strong-solid woman and leader who doesn’t give up even in the most difficult moments of her life.
If you could choose to be an animal would it be a Lion or something else?
– An interesting question really 😀 Of course we would all like to be the strongest and most beautiful animal, perhaps the most I would not like to be maybe some kind of monkey or something. I would love to be as strong a lion as in this song.
Have you listened to the songs of other artists competing at Pabandom Iš Naujo? For which one do you think is your biggest competition?
– So far, I have been most impressed by Ieva Zasimauskaitė. Because I like lyrical songs too. But this is only my personal opinion … I like too Augustė Vedrickaitė, Queen of Roses.
What would it mean for you to represent Lithuania at Eurovision?
– It would be a great honour to represent my country. And of course such feelings are probably indescribable.
If you could choose any musician to make a duet with who would it be?
– Well, if I could make a global choice, I would certainly choose Andrea Bocelli. And when it comes to Lithuanian stars, it would be great to try singing with Donny Montell.
What are your plans after Pabandom Iš Naujo 2022?
– I will be Participating in various concerts and projects, (of course if I’m invited). During the summer time, I will continue to sing in churches during the days of people’s marriages, as it has become a very popular tradition and similar nature, events.
Thank you so much for your time Živile. We wish you the best of luck at Pabandom Iš Naujo.
You can listen to “Kvelertak” on Spotify or below
Don’t forget to tune in to our live blog of 3rd Heat of Pabandom Iš Naujo! Let us know your impressions of “Lioness” by Živilė Gedvilaitė in the comments below and at our social media links!