We are well into February, and yet another exciting week full of national selections is ahead of us. This week we will be getting six more winners, and five (or six) new songs which will be competing in this year’s Eurovision Song Contest. From Monday until Saturday there’s at least one show on every day and a total of 14 this week, and during the week we will also get the list of participants of the French national final.
Let’s take a look at this week’s schedule.
Monday, Feb 14
San Marino continues its search for their act for Eurovision 2022 with the second semi final of “Una Voce Per San Marino”. Approximately 20 acts are going to be competing in the second semi final which starts at 22:00 CET, and the jury will select three of them to qualify for the Emerging Artists’ Final, whilst another five acts are going to qualify for the “Second Chance” round. There is no televoting nor online voting in this national selection, all decisions are made by the jury.
Tuesday, Feb 15
“Una Voce Per San Marino” continues on Tuesday at 22:00 CET from the Teatro Titano, with the third semi final of international Emerging Artists. Once again, approximately 20 acts are going to compete, the the jury will once again select three acts to proceed to the Emerging Artists’ Final, and additional five acts that will go to the “Second Chance” round.
Wednesday, Feb 16
The last semi final of “Una Voce Per San Marino” will take place on Wednesday, again at 22:00 CET, from Teatro Titano. In this semi final the Emerging Artists from San Marino will go head-to-head, where once again the jury will select who will go to the Emerging Artists’ Final, and who will go to the “Second Chance” round.
Thursday, Feb 17
As we all know, the Malta Eurovision Song Contest is back, and its Semi Final is going to take place on Thursday, starting at 21:00 CET! A total of 22 acts are going to be competing for 16 places in the Grand Final, which will take place on Saturday. Let us know which of these 22 acts are YOUR personal favorites, by voting for them in our poll right here:
- Emma Muscat - Out Of Sight 20%, 701 vote701 vote 20%701 vote - 20% of all votes
- Aidan - Ritmu 13%, 456 votes456 votes 13%456 votes - 13% of all votes
- Nicole Azzopardi - Into The Fire 11%, 385 votes385 votes 11%385 votes - 11% of all votes
- Jessika - Kaleidoscope 11%, 379 votes379 votes 11%379 votes - 11% of all votes
- Richard Edwards - Hey Little 9%, 304 votes304 votes 9%304 votes - 9% of all votes
- Baklava ft. Nicole - Electric Indigo 7%, 229 votes229 votes 7%229 votes - 7% of all votes
- Matt Blxck - Come Around 6%, 216 votes216 votes 6%216 votes - 6% of all votes
- Denise - Boy 5%, 157 votes157 votes 5%157 votes - 5% of all votes
- Janice Mangion - Army 4%, 140 votes140 votes 4%140 votes - 4% of all votes
- Mark Anthony Bartolo - Serenity 3%, 113 votes113 votes 3%113 votes - 3% of all votes
- Nicole Hammett - A Lover’s Heart 3%, 112 votes112 votes 3%112 votes - 3% of all votes
- Sarah - Heaven 2%, 70 votes70 votes 2%70 votes - 2% of all votes
- Enya Magri - Shame 2%, 68 votes68 votes 2%68 votes - 2% of all votes
- Miriana Conte - Look What You’ve Done Now 2%, 58 votes58 votes 2%58 votes - 2% of all votes
- Norbert - How Special You Are 1%, 46 votes46 votes 1%46 votes - 1% of all votes
- Raquel - Over You 1%, 40 votes40 votes 1%40 votes - 1% of all votes
- Giada - Revelación 0%, 12 votes12 votes12 votes - 0% of all votes
Thursday evening will also bring us the “Second Chance” round in San Marino, which will once again start at 22:00 CET! All of the acts that qualified for this show will compete for the last places in the Emerging Artists’ Final, which is on the day after. The decision is once again going to be made by the juries.
Friday, Feb 18
Starting at 21:00 CET, Malta will have a “Special Night” of Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2022. In this show TVM will commemorate singers who represented Malta in the contest since their debut in 1971. Archived footage, as well as interviews with singers who were Malta’s Eurovision entrants are going to be shown. There is no competition part of the show, but if you like Malta in Eurovision, get ready for this “Special”, nostalgic night.
After four semi finals and a second chance round, it’s time for the Final before the Final. The “Emerging Artists’ Final” will start at 22:00, where the 16 qualifiers will compete for eight places leading to the actual Grand Final of “Una Voce Per San Marino”. The decision once again will be done entirely by the jury.
Saturday, Feb 19
The mother of all Super Saturdays takes place this 19th of February, with seven shows, six of which are Finals! Here’s the full schedule:
The Grand Final of Melodi Grand Prix 2022 starts at 19:50 CET! Five direct finalists, four winners of the semi finals, and the winner of the “Last Chance” are all going head-to-head in the MGP final, where the winner will be chosen in not one, not two, but three rounds of voting! After all 10 acts performed, first we will find out which acts made it to the top four. These four will then face a second vote, to select the top two. And finally, in this head-to-head, the two acts will face a final televoting round, where the winner, and the successor of TIX will be selected. Let us know who YOUR favorites are in this year’s MGP by voting in our poll here:
- Subwoolfer - Give That Wolf A Banana 36%, 640 votes640 votes 36%640 votes - 36% of all votes
- Elsie Bay - Death Of Us 17%, 303 votes303 votes 17%303 votes - 17% of all votes
- Maria Mohn - Fly 13%, 224 votes224 votes 13%224 votes - 13% of all votes
- Frode Vassel - Black Flowers 9%, 156 votes156 votes 9%156 votes - 9% of all votes
- Oda Gondrosen - Hammer Of Thor 7%, 128 votes128 votes 7%128 votes - 7% of all votes
- NorthKid - Someone 6%, 99 votes99 votes 6%99 votes - 6% of all votes
- Sofie Fjellvang - Made Of Glass 5%, 82 votes82 votes 5%82 votes - 5% of all votes
- Christian Ingebrigtsen - Wonder Of The World 3%, 49 votes49 votes 3%49 votes - 3% of all votes
- Farida - Dangerous 3%, 45 votes45 votes 3%45 votes - 3% of all votes
- Anna-Lusa Kumoji - Queen Bees 2%, 38 votes38 votes 2%38 votes - 2% of all votes
The Melodifestivalen marathon continues this Saturday at 20:00 CET, with the third heat. A total of eight acts are once again going to compete for two places that lead to the Grand Final of Melodifestivalen 2022, and two other places that lead to the “Andra Chansen”. The results will be decided entirely by the Swedish public, in two rounds of voting.
The national final with the longest names – “Tu bije serce Europy! Wybieramy hit na Eurowizję” is taking place this Saturday at 20:00 CET! A total of 10 acts are going to compete to represent Poland in Eurovision 2022, and the winner will be decided by a mix of televoting and jury votes. All 10 songs have been released, and you can let us know which ones are YOUR personal favorites by voting in our poll right here:
- Ochman - River 23%, 285 votes285 votes 23%285 votes - 23% of all votes
- Daria - Paranoia 22%, 269 votes269 votes 22%269 votes - 22% of all votes
- Karolina Lizer - Czysta woda 14%, 173 votes173 votes 14%173 votes - 14% of all votes
- Kuba Szmajkowski - Lovesick 13%, 159 votes159 votes 13%159 votes - 13% of all votes
- Karolina Stanislawczyk feat. Chika Toro - Move 9%, 111 votes111 votes 9%111 votes - 9% of all votes
- Unmute - Glosniej niz decybele 6%, 76 votes76 votes 6%76 votes - 6% of all votes
- Ania Byrcyn - Dokad? 5%, 58 votes58 votes 5%58 votes - 5% of all votes
- Szlachta Sisters - Drogowskazy 4%, 49 votes49 votes 4%49 votes - 4% of all votes
- Mila - All I Need 3%, 31 vote31 vote 3%31 vote - 3% of all votes
- Lidia Kopania - Why Does It Hurt 2%, 29 votes29 votes 2%29 votes - 2% of all votes
Only 10 minutes after the Polish final starts, at 20:10 CET it’s time for Dora 2022! 14 acts are going to hit the stage on the Croatian seaside in Opatija, hoping to be the one to represent their country this year in Turin. The winner of Dora will be decided by a mix of televoting and regional jury votes. There are going to be 10 regional juries, each consisting of three people: one HRT music employee, one member of the Croatian Composers’ Association and one member of the Croatian Music Union. The televoting will be counted proportionally to how many televotes each song has received. You can let us know who your favorites are by voting right here:
- Mia Negovetić - Forgive Me (Oprosti) 18%, 447 votes447 votes 18%447 votes - 18% of all votes
- Mia Dimšić - Guilty Pleasure 15%, 372 votes372 votes 15%372 votes - 15% of all votes
- Marko Bošnjak - Moli za nas 14%, 346 votes346 votes 14%346 votes - 14% of all votes
- Tina Vukov - Hideout 10%, 240 votes240 votes 10%240 votes - 10% of all votes
- ToMa - In The Darkness 9%, 225 votes225 votes 9%225 votes - 9% of all votes
- Elis Lovrić - No War 7%, 161 vote161 vote 7%161 vote - 7% of all votes
- Eric Vidović - I Found You 6%, 143 votes143 votes 6%143 votes - 6% of all votes
- Tia - Voli me do neba 5%, 129 votes129 votes 5%129 votes - 5% of all votes
- Jessa - My Next Mistake 5%, 118 votes118 votes 5%118 votes - 5% of all votes
- Bernarda - Here For Love 4%, 99 votes99 votes 4%99 votes - 4% of all votes
- Roko Vušković - Malo kasnije 3%, 70 votes70 votes 3%70 votes - 3% of all votes
- Ella Orešković - If You Walk Away 2%, 51 vote51 vote 2%51 vote - 2% of all votes
- Zdenka Kovačiček - Stay On The Bright Side 1%, 17 votes17 votes 1%17 votes - 1% of all votes
- Mila Elegović - Ljubav 0%, 8 votes8 votes8 votes - 0% of all votes
Croatia’s northern neighbor, Slovenia, starts the final of EMA 2022 only 10 minutes after Dora, at 20:20 CET! A total of 12 acts that qualified from the two semi finals will compete once again, in order to win the hearts of the juries and the public, and be the one to represent Slovenia in Turin. The voting rules here are a bit different to the rules in the semis. This time six thematical juries (OGAE Slovenia, Songwriters, Radio personalities, Television personalities, Music performers and International artists) with five jury members in each will individually vote for their favorites, and this will represent 50% of the final result. The other 50% will come from the public, but the points coming from the public will be set (72 points for the winner, 60 for the runner-up, 54 for the third most voted, and down to 6 points for the last placed act), not proportional. Let us know which are YOUR personal favorites by voting in our poll right here:
- Leya Leanne - Naked 16%, 211 votes211 votes 16%211 votes - 16% of all votes
- Batista Cadillac - Mim pravil 14%, 189 votes189 votes 14%189 votes - 14% of all votes
- July Jones - Girls Can Do Anything 13%, 171 vote171 vote 13%171 vote - 13% of all votes
- Luma - All In 12%, 166 votes166 votes 12%166 votes - 12% of all votes
- Gušti feat. Leyre - Nova romantika 9%, 124 votes124 votes 9%124 votes - 9% of all votes
- BQL - Maj 8%, 106 votes106 votes 8%106 votes - 8% of all votes
- David Amaro - Še vedno si lepa 7%, 97 votes97 votes 7%97 votes - 7% of all votes
- LPS - Disko 6%, 88 votes88 votes 6%88 votes - 6% of all votes
- Stela Sofia - Tu in zdaj 6%, 87 votes87 votes 6%87 votes - 6% of all votes
- Manouche - Si sama? 5%, 62 votes62 votes 5%62 votes - 5% of all votes
- Hauptman - Sledim 3%, 37 votes37 votes 3%37 votes - 3% of all votes
- Anabel - Tendency 1%, 19 votes19 votes 1%19 votes - 1% of all votes
The 16 acts that qualified on Thursday night will once again step on the Malta Eurovision Song Contest stage for the Final night, which is set to start at 21:00 CET! The winner, and Malta’s entry for the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest in Turin will be selected in a mix of jury votes and televoting.
We are ending the week with the same show we started it with – “Una Voce Per San Marino”! The Grand Final of this competition will start at 21:00 CET on Saturday night, where the nine winners of the Emerging Artists’ Final from the night before will face nine Established Artists who were internally selected. The winner and San Marino’s entry for Eurovision 2022 will once again be selected by jury only.
ESCBubble will, of course, blog all of this week’s shows LIVE once again, so make sure to join us! You can watch the shows together with us on our pages, and let us know your thoughts on the performances, qualifiers, and winners in a chat together with us.