Selecția Națională Final is coming next week and had the absolute pleasure of talking with Gabriel Basco about his participation in the contest. Gabriel is quite new in the Eurovision bubble, he participated in The Voice of Romania 2019 and now he’s trying for the first time to represent his country in Eurovision Song Contest with the song “One Night”.
Hello Gabriel Basco and thank you for taking you time for ESCBubble! First of all, how was your reaction when you heard you will be in the Selecția Națională 2022 Final?
Hello ESCBubble! Firstly I want to thank everyone for every single advice, every good thought i recieved, all of the support and the most important, the faith in me. I was so thrilled when i heard my name, i pictured that moment in my mind for many times and i guess my wished shaped into reality eventually.
It’s your first try in Selecția Națională, what made you decide to compete?
It is my first try in National Selection and the reason that took place is because of my will of getting myslef out of my comfort zone, explore new feelings and absorb experience.
Your song is called “One Night”, can you tell us more about the song? What’s the message behind it and was it specially written for Eurovision?
For me, the song is an extention of myself, it speaks for itself and speaks to the people variously, therefore anyone can relate to it one way or another. The message is technically about the point of view of the one who breaks up with someone, wishing for one more night in the name of good old times, and even if sometimes in life you win some or you lose some, there will be one time when they will love again another person.
How are going the rehearsals for Selecția Națională 2022 Final? Can you tease us a little bit, what can we expect from your performance in the final?
For the finals I am cooking something that i cannot tell yet :)))), it’s a surprise.
You competed at The Voice Romania, how was that experience for you? Did it help you prepare for the selection as well?
For sure, The Voice helped me in numerous ways, it’s been quite a time since then, and definitely prepared me for Eurovision because this is the most important stage i’ve ever played so far and it’s an honour i have the chance to do so.
Are you following Eurovision? What’s your all time favorite song from the contest?
Loreen with her Euphoria is legendary for me, i love her and her performance.
Any other plans for 2022? Can we expect new music from Gabriel Basco?
Stayed tuned because I am working on more music.
In the end, I want to thank you for your time and please, if you have a message for your fans and our readers here on ESCBubble?
To all the readers here on ESCBubble, thank you for having faith in me and my music, I love you all and we’ll see each other soon. Lots of love! X🤍
You can vote for Gabriel Basco in our poll!
- WRS - Llamame 27%, 447 votes447 votes 27%447 votes - 27% of all votes
- Gabriel Basco – One Night 16%, 275 votes275 votes 16%275 votes - 16% of all votes
- Vanu - Never Give Up 14%, 229 votes229 votes 14%229 votes - 14% of all votes
- Dora Gaitanovici - Ana 11%, 183 votes183 votes 11%183 votes - 11% of all votes
- Cream, Minodora, Diana – Romania mea 9%, 142 votes142 votes 9%142 votes - 9% of all votes
- Moise - Guilty 6%, 107 votes107 votes 6%107 votes - 6% of all votes
- Andrei Petrus – Take Me 6%, 104 votes104 votes 6%104 votes - 6% of all votes
- Alex Parker and Bastien – All This Love 5%, 82 votes82 votes 5%82 votes - 5% of all votes
- Petra – Ireligios 4%, 71 vote71 vote 4%71 vote - 4% of all votes
- Kyrie Mendel – Hurricane 2%, 30 votes30 votes 2%30 votes - 2% of all votes