All of the songs competing at “Tu bije serce Europy” have been revealed. Initially, TVP planned to organise an internal selection, and reveal their act for Eurovision 2022 on 2nd of January. Then it was postponed for 15th of January, and in the end they decided to change and went for the decision to organise a national selection which was revealed on 14th of January. “Tu bije serce Europy” will take place on the 19th of February. Ten acts will be competing for a chance to represent Poland at Eurovision 2022.
The acts are as follows:
- Ania Byrcyn – “Dokąd“
- Daria – “Paranoia“
- Emilia Dębska (Mila) – “All I need“
- Karolina Lizer – “Czysta woda“
- Karolina Stanisławczyk & Chica Toro – “Move“
- Krystian Ochman – “River“
- Kuba Szmajkowski – “Lovesick“
- Lidia Kopania – “Why Does It Hurt“
- Siostry Szlachta – “Drogowskazy“
- Unmute – “Głośniej niż decybele“
You can listen to the songs and read more about artists below
Ania Byrcyn – “Dokąd”
Ania rose to fame among Polish audience after competing at the 11th season of The Voice Poland in 2020. She was mentored by Edyta Górniak and ended the contest on third place.
Daria – “Paranoia”
Daria rose to fame after competing in the 10th season of The Voice of Poland held in 2019. She ended the show in the battle rounds. After participating in the program, she signed a record deal with the German label Pelican Songs. In April 2020, she released the single “Leave a Sign” and in March 2021, the single “Love Blind“. She was one of the most rumoured acts to represent Poland at Eurovision 2022 with “Paranoia” and now she has been revealed as one of the contenders to represent the country at the contest.
Emilia Dębska (MILA) – “All I need”
She participated at the Slovenian national selection EMA back in 2018 as MILA with the song “Svoboda”.
Karolina Lizer – “Czysta woda”
Karolina started singing in the song and dance group of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences – LZA Promni. Two years ago, she participated in the Szansa na Sukces (Chance for Success).
Karolina Stanisławczyk & Chica Toro – “Move”
Karolina Stanisławczyk is a Polish singer-songwriter and composer born in Warsaw in 2000. in Warsaw. She became known with the song “Cliche”, which stormed the charts and went platinum in Poland. The entry “Move” she performs together with Colombian singer Chica Toro.
Krystian Ochman – “River”
Krystian is the winner of The Voice of Poland 2020. He was mentored by another artists who competed at Polish national final and eventually won the chance to represent the country at Eurovision Song Contest 2016, Michał Szpak.
Kuba Szmajkowski – “Lovesick”
Kuba Szmajkowski is one of the promising young musicians of the Polish music scene. As a soloist, he has only released a few singles, including the duet “Czarny Młyn” with Sarah James (Poland JESC 2021) which is the track for the movie “Black Mill”. Kuba made his debut at The Voice Kids Poland 2018; “There’s Nothing Holdin ‘Me Back“was his blind audition song which granted him mentorship of Dawid Kwiatkowski. He was eliminated in round 1 of the final and the contest was eventually won by Roksana Węgiel (JESC 2018).
Lidia Kopania – “Why Does It Hurt”
Lidia already represented Poland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 with “I Don’t Wanna Leave”, where she finished in 12th place at the second semi-final and didn’t qualify for the final.
Siostry Szlachta – “Drogowskazy”
The two sisters Julia & Wiktoria formed a duo which previously participated at the Polish National Final in 2020. They were eliminated in the first semi-final, in which each of the participants had to sing an ABBA song.
Unmute – “Głośniej niż decybele”
Unmute is the band which consists of Julia, Magda, Alina, Zuza and Kuba and on the official website they said for themselves the following : “We are deaf, but we love music as well as hearing people.We will not be silent anymore because we want it loud and clearly mark its presence in pop culture. This is our voice on the matter and our first step, to change the status quo”
The decision will be made 50% by jury and 50% by audience votes. The members of the jury have been revealed a few days ago and you can check them HERE.
- Ochman - River 23%, 285 votes285 votes 23%285 votes - 23% of all votes
- Daria - Paranoia 22%, 269 votes269 votes 22%269 votes - 22% of all votes
- Karolina Lizer - Czysta woda 14%, 173 votes173 votes 14%173 votes - 14% of all votes
- Kuba Szmajkowski - Lovesick 13%, 159 votes159 votes 13%159 votes - 13% of all votes
- Karolina Stanislawczyk feat. Chika Toro - Move 9%, 111 votes111 votes 9%111 votes - 9% of all votes
- Unmute - Glosniej niz decybele 6%, 76 votes76 votes 6%76 votes - 6% of all votes
- Ania Byrcyn - Dokad? 5%, 58 votes58 votes 5%58 votes - 5% of all votes
- Szlachta Sisters - Drogowskazy 4%, 49 votes49 votes 4%49 votes - 4% of all votes
- Mila - All I Need 3%, 31 vote31 vote 3%31 vote - 3% of all votes
- Lidia Kopania - Why Does It Hurt 2%, 29 votes29 votes 2%29 votes - 2% of all votes
Let us know which of the acts is your favourite to represent Poland at Eurovision 2022 in the comments below and at our social media links!