Tonight is the seventh (yes, you read that right) and final show of Una voce per San Marino – and precisely because there were seven shows, tonight’s final is being called the Finalissima! The show will be hosted at the Teatro Nuovo in Dogana and will be hosted by Senhit (ESC San Marino 2011, 2020, 2021) and TV presenter Jonathan Kashanian. It starts at 21:00 CET and streamed live on RTVSM’s website, before midnight we should know who will represent the Most Serene of Republics on ‘The Sun Within’ stage in Turin this May!
Over 400 songs we submitted, and after auditions in December and January that number was trimmed down to 66 by the time the live shows started last Sunday. After six shows, fans were stunned to see Elis Mraz and her song “Imma Be” eliminated, after it finished second at ESCZ in December for the Czech Republic.
Of note, all Sammarinese acts have been eliminated, and the ‘Big’ act Fabry & Labiuse feat. Miodio (ESC 2008) is San Marino’s only hope now of sending an actual Sammarinese act to Eurovision 2022. Also, three of the five Second Chance winners from Thursday have made it to the final, including Basti who won €1,000 for getting third place Friday in the Emerging Artists’ Final. He was a backup singer at Eurovision in 2018 – the last time San Marino held a national final. Aaron Sibley was the Emerging Artists’ Winner and no matter what happens tonight, he’ll go home with a €7,000 prize!
Originally, the 9 ‘Emerging’ Artists were meant to perform with the 9 ‘Big’ Artists who were chosen and prequalified to the Finalissima. However at a press conference two weeks ago, it was announced that Achille Lauro would be a surprise wild card addition to the Final.
In the six pervious shows, all songs were performed in alphabetical order by performer, so this may be tonight’s running order:
- Aaron Sibley – “Pressure” 🇬🇧
- Achille Lauro – “Stripper” 🇮🇹
- Alessia Labate – “World Falls Down” 🇮🇹
- Burak Yeter & Alessandro Coli – “More Than You” 🇹🇷🇮🇹
- Camille Cabaltera – “Move ’em Like You Never Did” 🇮🇹
- Cristina Ramos – “Heartless Game” 🇪🇸
- Elena & Francesco Faggi – “Nothing Can Blow Me Out” 🇮🇹
- Fabry & Labiuse feat. Miodio – “Blu” (Blue) 🇸🇲
- Francesco Monte – Mi ricordo di te (Adrenalina)” (I Remember You (Adrenaline)) 🇮🇹
- Ivana Spagna – “Seriously In Love”🇮🇹
- Kurt Cassar – “Tears of Gold” 🇲🇹
- Maria Chiara Leoni – “Tiramisù” 🇮🇹
- Mate – “DNA” 🇮🇹
- Matteo Faustini – “L’ultima parola” (The Last Word) 🇮🇹
- Sebastian Schmidt (Basti) – “Running” 🇩🇪
- Tony Cicco, Deshedus & Alberto Fortis 🇮🇹
- Valerio Scanu – “Io credo” (I Believe)🇮🇹
- Vina Rose – “Sweet Denial” 🇮🇹
There was a 19th performer, however Blind withdrew their entry for health reasons.
As San Marino has no national telecommunications company, a televote is impossible. Una voce per San Marino has therefore decided to leave the fate of San Marino’s 2022 Eurovision entry entirely in the hands of 5 jurors: Mogol (one of the most important lyricists in the history of Italian music, as well as the current president of Siae), Simon Lee (conductor, composer, arranger), Clarissa Martinelli (presenter on Radio Bruno), Susanne Georgi (ESC 2009 Andorra), and Dino Stewart (BMG Italy managing director).
Follow our live blog and let us know who you think should take the Sammarinese crown!