AVROTROS are very proud of what S10 has achieved in Turin, an 11th place! And they wanna keep that good vibe going: the search for the 2023 entry has already started!
Right this Monday they announced they are open to submissions that will, as usual, will be evaluated by a selection committee. But what is it that selection committee is looking for?
Well, in their own words:
The selection committee aims for an entry with preferably a contemporary, but in any case authentic sound. A song that is able to survive in a competition. By a Dutch artist who can and wants to present a personal song in a distinctive way, in any genre, and if possible a personal story.
They go on to give certain terms and conditions regarding the whole process:
- Song is convincingly distinctive and meets the above description
- More than one song? Send a maximum of the 3 best songs, considered convincingly fitting for the Eurovision Song Contest
- Song has not been (commercially) released before 1 September 2022
- Song lasts up to 03:00 minutes
- Final date of submission is 31st August 2022
This process will be supervised by Head of Delegation of the Netherlands: Lars Lourenco.
Questions, and more importantly, potential entries, can be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
More information, in both Dutch and English, can be found here.
This year, S10 represented The Netherlands with her personal song ‘De Diepte’, reaching the final for The Netherlands and placing 11th there:
Who do you hope will send in a song for 2023?
Let us know in the comments below!