The Armenian broadcaster, ARMTV held the auditions to determine their next representative at Junior Eurovision Song Contest which will take place on 11th of December at Karen Demirchyan Sports and Concerts Complex in Yerevan. Over 100 young artists sent their application for the chance to represent Armenia at the show and the jury selected 30 of them which advanced to the next round. It is expected that the decision which of the 30 artists will be representing the country at Junior Eurovision will be made soon. After the winner is chosen the entry will be composed.
The jury members which made the decision were as follows:
- David Tserunyan – Head of Armenian Delegation at Eurovision and Junior Eurovision
- Anushik Ter-Ghukasyan – Head of Music Department at Armenia Public Television
- Rosa Linn – Armenian representative at Eurovision Song Contest 2022
- Dalita – Armenian representative at Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2011
- Lilit Navasardyan – Songwriter of Armenian entries at Eurovision Song Contest in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2022 as well as their Junior Eurovision entry back in 2015.
Maléna won the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 with “Qami Qami” after receiving the total of 224 points. That was the second victory of Armenia at the contest, first one took place back in 2010. Thanks to the success “Qami Qami” has achieved Yerevan will join Kyiv and Minsk as the third city which hosted JESC two times. You can watch Maléna’s winning performance below.
So far 17 countries have confirmed their participation at the show: Albania, Armenia, Bulgaria, France, Georgia, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Malta, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, The Netherlands, Ukraine and for the first time after 17 years United Kingdom.