Ukrainian broadcaster Suspilne has organised for the first time the voting to determine the jury members which will be deciding about the winner of Ukrainian representative at Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
Out of the ten possible candidates the three with the most votes were Khrystyna Solovyy, Myroslava Saliy and Anzhelika Rudnytska. The full voting results were as follows:
- Khrystyna Solovyy (singer-songwriter) – 26%
- Myroslava Saliy (singer, vocal coach) – 19%
- Anzhelika Rudnytska (TV presenter, artist) – 15%
- Darina Krasnovetska (Ukrainian representative at JESC 2018) – 10%
- KRUTЬ (singer, took part at Vidbir 2020) – 10%
- Vlad Darwin (singer-songwriter, composer) – 6%
- Tonya Matvienko (singer) – 6%
- Mykhailo Klymenko (producer, composed entries of Ukraine at JESC 2018 and 2020) – 4%
- Sofia Ivanko (Ukrainian representative at JESC 2019) – 3%
- Serhii Kane (journalist) – 1%
Evaluating children’s competitions is more difficult and responsible than adults. The purity and sincerity of children’s hearts is disarming. Children are the flowers of our future. Nowadays, it is very important to unite in any sphere of life and represent Ukraine in the world. Thank you for trusting everyone who wanted to see me in the national selection for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. I promise to be sincere and fair in my assessments.
Khrystyna Solovyy for Suspilne after being selected to be the jury member.
The final of Ukrainian national selection for Junior Eurovision 2022 will be taking place on 18th of September in Kyiv. The presenter of the show will be Timur Miroshnychenko and the broadcast will be possible to follow on Suspilne Kultura as well as online via Facebook and YouTube. Five acts will be competing for the chance to represent Ukraine in Yerevan, and the winner will be decided by the jury and audience voting.
The participants are as follows:
- Sofia Artemenko and DJ Polinka – “Zamovlyannya”
- Zlata Dzyunka – “Nezlamna”
- Elizaveta Petruk – “Pisnya pro Lelechat”
- Darya Rebrova – “Paporoti kvitka”
- Diana Stasiuk – “We are the Future”
You can read more about them HERE. Last year Ukraine was represented with the song “Vazhil” performed by Olena Usenko who finished at 6th place with 125 points. You can check out her performance below.
So far the following countries have confirmed their participation at the show: Albania, Armenia, Bulgaria, France, Georgia, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Malta, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, The Netherlands, Ukraine and for the first time after 17 years United Kingdom.