Eurosong 2023 performing entries will be selected by artists
For the first time since 2016, Belgium will choose its Eurovision entry through a national final. Last week, the Dutch-language Belgian national broadcaster, VRT revealed the snippets of the songs and today they announced that entries which will be performed in Eurosong 2023 will be picked by the artists.
A week before the final takes place, each artists will perform both of their songs in a program which will be broadcast after the VRT NWS Journaal at 19:00 CET at Één. The artists themselves will choose which of their 2 songs they will perform in the final.
We have made a song club out of the artists; each artist performs their two song to the other artists. The rest of the song club then give advice on which of the two songs they think is more suitable for the final. The artist can choose between following the advice given or make other choice. The artists have noticed that they could hand each other the victory. That is not so obvious in such a competition.
Peter Van de Weire, Eurosong 2023 presenter and VRT Eurovision commentator
Eurosong 2023 will take place at Palais 12 in Brussels on 14th January where a combination of expert jury and public voting will determine the Belgian entry at Eurovision 2023 from half the following entries:
- Ameerah – “The Carnival”
- Ameerah – “Armageddon”
- Chérine – “Ca m’ennuie pas”
- Chérine – “Mon étoile”
- gala dragot – “emotion ollie”
- gala dragot – “t‘inquiète”
- Gustaph – “Because of You”
- Gustaph – “The Nail”
- Hunter Falls – “Home”
- Hunter Falls – “Ooh La La”
- Loredana – “I Dream in Colours”
- Loredana – “You Lift Me Up”
- The Starlings – “Oceanside”
- The Starlings – “Rollercoaster”
VRT has released a recap of snippets for all of the 14 competing songs, and you can listen to them below:
Don’t forget to vote for up to three acts in our poll right here:
- Cherine - Ca m'ennuie pas 38%, 602 votes602 votes 38%602 votes - 38% of all votes
- gala dragot - T'inquiete 21%, 331 vote331 vote 21%331 vote - 21% of all votes
- Ameerah - The Carnival 12%, 188 votes188 votes 12%188 votes - 12% of all votes
- Hunter Falls - Ooh La La 10%, 158 votes158 votes 10%158 votes - 10% of all votes
- The Starlings - Rollercoaster 8%, 129 votes129 votes 8%129 votes - 8% of all votes
- Gustaph - Because Of You 7%, 107 votes107 votes 7%107 votes - 7% of all votes
- Loredana - You Lift Me Up 5%, 79 votes79 votes 5%79 votes - 5% of all votes
At the Eurovision Song Contest 2022, Belgium was represented by Jérémie Makiese with “Miss You” and he scored 64 points which granted him 19th place in the final.
Do you think that any of the competing entries at Belgian national selection, Eurosong 2023 will manage to improve the score? Let us know your impressions in the comments below and at our social media @escbubble