The Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2022 took place on 11th of December and France won the show. It was announced that they will be the host of next edition of the contest. Yesterday the EBU has revealed the viewing figures of the contest.
The show has reached 33 million viewers across thirteen measured markets. The total number of viewers is similar to the last years edition of the contest but the statistics are slightly different as the average TV audience reached 7.9 million which is third-largest since 2011.
Some other stats include:
- 4 in 10 Armenians were watching the contest at some point during the evening;
- 10 out of 13 markets receive a higher audience figure than usual in that time slot;
- The viewing share of 18.5% was among children aged 4 to 14 and 14.2% among youngsters aged 15 to 24;
- Social media success was shown through 9.8 million video views on TikTok and 7.1 million video views on Instagram, and 40% higher engagement on Twitter;
- Poland had the biggest average TV audience for a fourth year in a row with 1.9 million viewers;
- Except Poland only Italy (1.5 million), Spain (1.2 million) and France (1.11 million) had the average number of viewers which exceeded 1 million
Data provided by the EBU
Audiences of recent Junior Eurovision Song Contests since 2014:
2022 – Armenia: 7.9 million viewers
2021 – France: 7.5 million viewers
2020 – Poland: 8.9 million viewers
2019 – Poland: 11.6 million viewers
2018 – Belarus: 5.4 million viewers*
2017 – Georgia: 2.8 million viewers
2016 – Malta: 3.9 million viewers
2015 – Bulgaria: 2.7 million viewers
2014 – Malta: 3 million viewers
*In 2018 the EBU didn’t publish the viewing rates for the show. So the data provided here is provided from 9 of the 20 participating countries at JESC 2018 according to Eurofestivales.
Lissandro won the Junior Eurovision Song Contest with “Oh Maman!” after receiving a total of 203 points. You can watch the performance below.
If you missed the show and want to watch it it is available HERE. What are your thoughts of the viewing figures of Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2022? Let us know in the comments below.