Aledaida: "Bla Bla Bla is about being confident and having fun with it"
Selecția Națională 2023 will soon find out who will represent Romania at Eurovision and a few weeks ago we had the opportunity to talk to one of the contestants, Aledaida. Aledaida will compete with the song “Bla Bla Bla” and she told us what to expect from her in Selecția Națională, you can check the interview down below. The national final will take place on 11 February and the winner will be selected only by the public.
Hello Aledaida and thank you for taking you time for ESCBubble! First of all, how was your reaction when you heard you will be at Selecţia Naţională 2023?
Hello Marco and of course ESCBubble. Thank you for having me here. I was amazingly shocked when I got the news, I didn’t even know how to react but I prayed and I’m still praying for the best.
What made you decide to enter Selecţia Naţională and what are your expectations from the contest?
I’ve always wanted to take part in this contest and this time, this year I knew that it would be the perfect moment.
Your song is called “Bla Bla Bla”, can you tell us what’s the song about and message behind it?
The message of my song is really about the vibe. I mean I always loved to make people feel good about themselves and the way to do that was through music. So my song Bla Bla Bla is about being confident and having fun with it.
How will the staging be at Selecţia Naţională 2023? What can we expect from your performance?
All I can say is that it is going to be a SHOW, literally. I don’t want to give too much details. I will just let my work speak.
Which of the other contestants are you excited to see on Selecţia Naţională this year? And who do you consider to be your biggest competitor?
I’m excited to see all of them perform, because each has a different style and gives out a unique vibe. I don’t see any of them as competitors because I learned that the only competition is myself. It’s me vs. me!
This year the public will choose the winner of Selecţia Naţională, is this the right decision or should they bring the jury panel in the final back again?
It was their choice and I respect it. The best wins anyways.
Do you follow Eurovision and do you have a favorite song from the contest?
I started watching Eurovision from my early childhood. I can say that I had my favorites over the years, but the ones that gave me the chills are Barbara Pravi with Voilà and Jamala with 1944, amazing performance for both. And of course the ones that impressed everyone including myself, Maneskin.
And any other plans for 2023? Can we expect new music from Aledaida?
I have a lot of projects and ideas for new music, but for the now I’m putting all my efforts in for Selectia Nationala.
In the end, I want to thank you for your time and please, if you have a message for your fans and our readers here on ESCBubble?
Thank you lots for this interview and we are hoping for the best.
You can listen to Aledaida’s entry in Selecția Națională 2023 right here:
- Aledaida - Bla Bla Bla 23%, 621 vote621 vote 23%621 vote - 23% of all votes
- Andrei Dutu - Statues 20%, 520 votes520 votes 20%520 votes - 20% of all votes
- Andreea D Folclor Orchestra - Perinita mea 12%, 305 votes305 votes 12%305 votes - 12% of all votes
- Maryliss - Hai vino 9%, 238 votes238 votes 9%238 votes - 9% of all votes
- JaxMan - Bad And Cool 8%, 220 votes220 votes 8%220 votes - 8% of all votes
- Amia - Puppet 6%, 168 votes168 votes 6%168 votes - 6% of all votes
- Steven Roho, Gabriella and Formatia Albatros - Lele 6%, 166 votes166 votes 6%166 votes - 6% of all votes
- Theodor Andrei - D.G.T. (Off And On) 6%, 152 votes152 votes 6%152 votes - 6% of all votes
- Andrada Popa - No Time For Me 6%, 149 votes149 votes 6%149 votes - 6% of all votes
- Deiona - Call On Me 1%, 39 votes39 votes 1%39 votes - 1% of all votes
- Adriana Moraru - Faralaes 1%, 35 votes35 votes 1%35 votes - 1% of all votes
- Ocean Drive - Take You Home 1%, 31 vote31 vote 1%31 vote - 1% of all votes