Reiley won the Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2023!
The Danish national final for Eurovision Song Contest 2023, Dansk Melodi Grand Prix has finished moments ago and Reiley has won the who and will be representing this Scandinavian country in Liverpool.
A total of eight acts have performed this night, hoping that they will be the ones to wave the Danish flag at Eurovision. It took place at Arena Næstved and the hosts of the show were Tina Müller & Heino Hansen. The first round of the show included the performances of all eight songs out of which the top 3 acts which were set to be the superfinalists were chosen based on the 100% televote. In the Superfinal round the winner of the contest was chosen based on a combined vote by 50% of televote and 50% of jury votes.
The running order was as follows (the bold ones advanced to the superfinal)
- Frederik Leopold – “Stuck On You”
- EYJAA – “I Was Gonna Marry Him”
- Micky Skeel – “Glansbillede”
- maia maia – “Beautiful Bullshit”
- Nicklas Sonne – “Freedom”
- Mariyah LeBerg – “Human”
- Søren Torpegaard Lund – “Lige Her”
- Reiley – “Breaking My Heart”
The results of the superfinal were as follows (the bold act won the show)
- Micky Skeel – Glansbillede – 8% + 15% – 23%
- Nicklas Sonne – Freedom – 14% + 20% – 34%
- Reiley – Breaking My Heart – 28% + 15% – 43%
You can listen to “Breaking My Heart” below
With scoring the total of 43% of the votes Reiley won the show and by doing so became the first singer from the Faroe Islands who will be having a chance to compete at the stage of Eurovision Song Contest. He will be performing in the first half of the 2nd semi-final set for 11th of May.