UMK announces its seven international juries
Finland’s Eurovision national final Uuden musiikin kilpailu is just days away. Just as last year, during the final this Saturday, international juries will have a 25% say in the final results of UMK 2023.
The seven juries will come from:
- 🇦🇺 Australia
- 🇩🇪 Germany
- 🇵🇱 Poland
- 🇪🇸 Spain
- 🇸🇪 Sweden
- 🇺🇦 Ukraine
- 🇬🇧 United Kingdom
Germany and Spain are the only returning countries from UMK22. So far, just one of the spokespersons have been revealed, and that is Timur Miroshnychenko for Ukraine. He’s been commentating the show for his home country for many years now, and co-hosted the 2017 Contest when it was in Kiev.
After all seven songs have been performed, Finns will be able to vote by calling in, sending an SMS, or by creating an account with Yle and voting using their app. This will make up the other 75% of the final score.
Also, UMK can proudly boast that it is even more diverse this year, as in addition to Finnish, broadcaster Yle will offer live commentary in Swedish, English, Russian, Ukrainian, Northern and Inari Sami, and sign language on its website!
Who do you think will win UMK23? Let us know by voting in our poll below or by leaving a comment!
- Kaarija - Cha Cha Cha 38%, 1011 votes1011 votes 38%1011 votes - 38% of all votes
- Benjamin - Hoida mut 22%, 591 vote591 vote 22%591 vote - 22% of all votes
- Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor 13%, 361 vote361 vote 13%361 vote - 13% of all votes
- Kuumaa - Ylivoimainen 10%, 260 votes260 votes 10%260 votes - 10% of all votes
- Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan 9%, 241 vote241 vote 9%241 vote - 9% of all votes
- Robin Packalen - Girls Like You 5%, 147 votes147 votes 5%147 votes - 5% of all votes
- Lxandra - Something To Lose 3%, 75 votes75 votes 3%75 votes - 3% of all votes
Last year The Rasmus won UMK22 and represented Finland at Eurovision in Turin. At the end of voting, the band had 38 points, good enough for 21st place overall.