Today the Icelandic national broadcaster, RÚV, published the artists, titles and songwriters for the 12 semifinalists in the 2015 Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins.
There are a few familiar names for those of you who have followed Söngvakeppnin over the years, but only one former Eurovision Song Contest participant. Like last year, there are quite a few new names.
1. Aldrei of seint (Never Too Late) – Regina Ósk
Music; María Björk Sverrisdóttir, Marcus Frenell og Sarah Reede
Lyrics: María Björk Sverrisdóttir og Regína Ósk Óskarsdóttir
2. Augnablik (One Moment) – Stefanía Svavarsdóttir
Music and lyrics; Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson
3. Brotið gler (Broken Glass) – Bjarni Lárus Hall
Music and lyrics; Axel Árnason and Bjarni Lárus Hall
4. Fjaðrir (Feathers) – SUNDAY
Music and lyrics; Hildur Kristín Stefánsdóttir and Guðfinnur Sveinsson
5. Fyrir alla (For Everyone) – CADEM
Music; Daníel Óliver Sveinsson and Jimmy Åkerfors
Lyrics; Daníel Óliver Sveinsson and Einar Ágúst Víðisson
6. Í kvöld (Tonight) – Elín Sif Halldórsdóttir
Music and lyrics; Elín Sif Halldórsdóttir
7. Í síðasta skipti (The Last Time) – Friðrik Dór
Music; Stop Wait Go (Pálmi Ragnar Ásgeirsson, Ásgeir Orri Ásgeirsson og, Sæþór Kristjánsson)
Lyrics; Stop Wait Go and Friðrik Dór
8. Lítil skref (Small Steps) – María Ólafsdóttir
Music and lyrics; Stop Wait Go
9. Milljón augnablik (Million Moments) – Haukur Heiðar Hauksson
Music; Karl Olgeir Olgeirsson
Lyrics; Karl Olgeir Olgeirsson and Haukur Heiðar Hauksson
10. Myrkrið hljótt (Silent Darkness) – Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir
Music; Arnar Ástráðsson
Lyrics; Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir
11. Piltur og stúlka (Boy and Girl) – Björn og félagar (Björn and friends)
Music and lyrics; Björn Þór Sigbjörnsson, Tómas Hermannsson og Björn Jörundur Friðbjörnsson
12. Þú leitar líka að mér (You Look For Me As Well) – HINEMOA
Music; Ásta Björg Björgvinsdóttir
Lyrics; Bergrún Íris Sævarsdóttir
The songwriters and singers in this year’s Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins represent a multitude of musical genres. Some are veterans in the contest, while others are newcomers. The youngest songwriter is only 16 years old.
It has yet to be confirmed which songs will be in which semi. Söngvakeppnin 2015 consists of two semifinals (31 January and 7 February) and the final (14 February). All three shows will be broadcast live from Háskólabíó, a combined movie theater and concert hall.
We will be back with more information on the singers and songwriters shortly.