Tonight at 20:00 CET Lithuanian broadcaster LRT will air first recorded episode of National Selection to Eurovision 2015 in Vienna. The same formula will be used to select singer and song separately. Today 12 candidates will perform covers of international hits. The points of the Lithuanian jury will be combined with points from an international jury – Peter Jenner from the UK, Lela Tsurtsumia from Georgia, and Rene Romkes from the Netherlands . At the end of each episode the final results will be reached with a 50/50 mix (International+Lithuanian jury, and televoting).
The recording took place on the 18th of December, so we already know how Lithuanian jury ranked all performances. Here are the results of the jury (Ramunas Zilnys, Edmundas Seilius, Audrius Girzadas and Linas Adomaitis) from the first episode:
- 12 points – Monika Linkyte “Queen of the night” (by W. Houston)
- 10 points – Vaidas Baumila “Hallelujah” (by L. Cohen)
- 8 points – Tadas Juodsnukis “Here I ago again” (by Whitesnake)
- 7 points – Edgaras Lubys “Get Lucky (by Daft Punk & P. Williams)
- 6 points – Milita Daikeryte “Only love can hurt like this” (by P. Faith)
- 5 points – Mia “Chandelier” (by Sia)
- 4 points – Neringa Siaudikyte “Euphoria” (Eurovision 2012 winning song by Loreen)
- 3 points – Jurgis Bruzga “Locked out of heaven” (by B. Mars)
- 2 points – Liepa Mondeikaite “What a wonderful world” (by L. Armstrong)
- 1 point – Rollikai “Let’s get loud” (by J. Lopez)
- 0 points – Reda Striskaite “If I were a boy” (by Beyonce)
- 0 points – Wilma La “Set fire to the rain” (by Adele)
There won’t be any elimination after the first episode, but the points which all candidates receive in this show will be added to the results of second episode.
You can watch the show on LRT.lt at 20:00 CET.
LRT received 168 applications for song selection which is the new record. According to Lrytas.lt most of the songs came from Sweden and only 10 Lithuanian composers decided to take part in the competition, among them Amberlife (Edgaras Lubys), Leonas Somovas and Vytas Bikus. Jury will now select 10 songs which will be publish in demo version on LRT’s website. First Internet-voting will start on 11th January. Broadcaster promised to control both televoting and online voting to avoid manipulations. Audrius Giržadas said people has to understand that it’s not necessary to vote for someone who they liked the most, but for this candidate who is vocally and mentally strong enough to represent Lithuania in Vienna. He reminds as well that new Lithuanian entrant will be totally unknown for European audition so the most important is to make good impression on stage during the constest.