Even though this wasn’t their practise in the last couple of years, but NRK, Norwegian national broadcaster has now revealed the televoting results of the final two rounds of this year’s Melodi Grand Prix, which was won by Alexander Rybak with “That’s How You Write A Song”.
Once the number of finalists was narrowed down from ten to four, televoters from all over Norway took the matter in their own hands, as the juries had no more say into the results. In the first round of televoting, the results were:
- Alexander Rybak – That’s How You Write A Song – 133,164 televotes
- Rebecca – Who We Are – 46,260 televotes
- Stella & Alexandra – You Got Me – 29,784 televotes
- Aleksander Walmann – Talk To The Hand – 7,927 televotes
This means that Alexander Rybak won this round of televoting with over 50% of the votes.
In the Final round which was between Alexander and Rebecca, the results were as follows:
- Alexander Rybak – That’s How You Write A Song – 306,393 televotes
- Rebecca – Who We Are – 123,504 televotes
Both Alexander and Rebecca managed to almost triple the amount of votes they received in the previous round, which meant that Alexander increased the gap even more, and won the competition with over 71% of the votes. He will thus go on to represent Norway for the second time in the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon. Give another listen to his entry right here: