The Hungarian national broadcaster has just released the call for songs for A Dal 2019, where the winner will once again go on to represent Hungary at the Eurovision Song Contest.
Apart from the standard EBU rules of the Eurovision Song Contest, MTVA also has the following rules:
- Submissions are only accepted by singers or bands (hereafter „performers”) who have
previously released a music album or had national radio airplay and/or television
appearances, and who have a valid contract with a record company and/or with a
professional music management.
- The performers of the songs shall be Hungarian citizens or Hungarian native speakers.
- MTVA reserves the right to take the final decision on the performer in whose
interpretation the winning song will be entered to the Eurovision Song Contest in Tel
- MTVA preferably supports singing in the Hungarian language. The applicants may enter their songs in English or in any official language of the national and
ethnic minorities living in Hungary, but in these cases the Hungarian translation of the
lyrics shall be provided, too.
The deadline to send the songs in is the 8th of November, and the selected acts will have until the 14th of December to send in the final versions of their entries. Applications are being done online, and they need to contain the following:
- the duly completed Application Form with the signed declaration (the Application Form is to be signed by the person who will subsequently be entitled to sign the contract)
- the audio material in flac, m4a, mp3, ogg, wav or wma format
- the lyrics of the song and its Hungarian translation, if applicable
- high-resolution press photos of the person(s) performing on stage and of the composer(s), their biography in English and Hungarian
- the video clip of the song (this is not compulsory and is to be submitted only when ready)
The applications are done on adal.hu, where you will also be able find the Application Form shortly. The full rules and regulations of this call for songs for A Dal 2019 can be found here.
AWS won A Dal 2018 and went on to represent Hungary in Lisbon. In the Grand Final, their song “Viszlát nyár” finished in 21st place.