Latvia’s national broadcaster LTV has announced that 16 songs have been selected to proceed to the semi finals of Supernova, after the online voting has ended.
Previously, LTV revealed that of the 83 submissions for the contest, 64 met the stringent conditions that had been set, and of those, 33 were chosen to advance to the audition round. The broadcaster has released these audition tapes on their YouTube channel and also their website, where viewers could express their thoughts on the songs, giving them a Yes, or a No. Now after the online voting has ended, the best 16 which will advance to the live shows have been announced. They are:
- Carousel – That Night
- Aivo Oskis – Somebody’s got my lover
- Dziļi Violets feat. Kozmens – Tautasdziesma
- Laime pilnīga –Awe
- Samanta Tīna – Cutting the wire
- Markus Riva – You make me so crazy
- Adriana Miglāne – Scared of love
- Double Faced Eels – Fire
- Elza Rozentāle – You came on tiptoe
- Edgars Kreilis – Fire
- Kristiāna Bumbiere – Remedy
- Laika upe – Listen to the way that I breathe
- Kristīne Pastare (Peress) – Smaragdi un pelni
- Alekss Silvērs – Fireworks
- Līga Rīdere – Būšu tepat
- Kris & Oz – Midnight streets
These 16 acts will compete in two semi finals of 8, where the top three in each will proceed to the Grand Final.
Did you favorites make it to the semi finals? Is there a song that could bring Latvia back into the top 10 in Eurovision 2019? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below, or on our social media pages.