Yulan Law will fly the Maltese flag at Junior Eurovision

PBS has selected Yulan Law to wave the Maltese flag at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2023. The young singer was chosen by a mix of public and jury vote at the national final that took place yesterday.

This year’s Maltese national final was only aimed to select the voice for Junior Eurovision, so all participants performed cover songs during all stages of the competition. MJESC 2023 was made up of different stages, including two semifinals and the final, that was broadcast yesterday. Only 12 acts reached the final of the competition:


The winner was selected by a mix of public televote accounting for 20% of the total, and the vote of a professional jury panel made up of singers Claudia Faniello, Matt Black and Ryan Hili, who decided the remaining 80%.

Yulan Law had already attempted to represent Malta at Junior Eurovision four times in the different selection formats the broadcaster has used during the past years. After many tries, she will finally make her dream come true on November 26th in Nice.

The song Yulan will perform in the contest will, be selected internally from a call for songs, will be announced on September 15th. Meanwhile, you can enjoy her live performance at the final of MJESC below:

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Support ESCBubble!

Like our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter, to get all the Eurovision news as they happen!