LIVE: The Final of UMK17 from Finland!

Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu UMK

You may also like...

11 Responses

1. Russ Patterson says:

Norma is likely to win. I would prefer Lauri and having Finnish language at esc! Good job Anne, you are the ideal person for this job, Great stuff.

2. Russ Patterson says:

My First band and their references to Paradise which is a new word for it! A bit dated sounding to these ears!

3. Russ Patterson says:

Zuhlke reminds me of Hera Bjork looks wise. Nice cleavage and that’s just the male dancer!!

4. Russ Patterson says:

Club La Perse, of course avant garde acts are there to be subversive but I am not sure there was an actual song there!

5. Russ Patterson says:

Lauri was my pre show favourite but I was disappointed by the staging, could have been so much more impactful given the dance beats. I would love to see the word “elama” back at ESC. I am channelling 1985!

6. Russ Patterson says:

Reminds me of Anouk with “Birds”. Norma trying to recreate Holly Hunter in the Piano and lo and behold a lovely piano instrumental which has been my highlight!

7. Russ Patterson says:

Anni Saiku, song was so boring, to me the worst possible trait for a esc song! Knucklebone Oscar – dreadful novelty not even funny unlike Gunther!

8. Russ Patterson says:

Alva’s singing again off key and I haven’t seen a male pony tail for many a year!

9. Russ Patterson says:

Emma’s vocals were a bit patchy but I still like the traditional elements to the song. Might have been assisted further if a portion of it was in Finnish for authenticity.

10. Russ Patterson says:

Worried that dress will catch fire? Careful now as Fr Ted would say!

11. Russ Patterson says:

UMK is usually amongst the best national song contests so high expectations ahead!